Amanecer is growing and we are currently looking for a Mental Health Therapist to join our team!
- Rendering mental health services, which includes interventions to provide the maximum reduction of mental disability and restoration or maintenance of functioning consistent with the requirements for learning, development, independent living and enhanced self-sufficiency.
- Under direction of clinical and/or administrative supervisor, interventions, including Evidence Based Practices, will be provided that adhere to DMH and agency policy.
- Provide initial and annual assessments, evaluations, therapy, rehabilitation, and plan development for clients as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention; individual, group, and family therapy; and psychosocial rehabilitation therapy according to client needs and safety issues of self or others.
- Referral to psychiatrist when appropriate. Monitoring of medication compliance. Consultation with psychiatrist as needed.
- Develop Coordination Plan and Client Care Plan for mental health services with the client, and family when necessary, and securing required signatures with current dates.
- Maintain required records of all counseling sessions and client contact.
- Completion of outcome measures on a timely manner, as needed.
- Able to provide electronic documentation of all services and tasks indicated in the preceding items 1 through 7 in accordance with DMH and ACCS documentation standards and time limits.
- Work collaboratively with various systems, for example, DMH, DCFS, hospitals, and residential facilities.
- Provide or provide for case management/brokerage services to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services.
- Provide or provide for linkage, consultation and placement services as necessary.
- Communicate with Program Coordinator regarding client progress, issues, and any other important information, particularly those regarding client issues of safety of self or others.
- Attend weekly one-hour individual and two-hour group clinical supervision meetings. Responsible for accurate logging of supervised hours and other BBS documentation.
- Respect and adhere to the policies and procedures of the organization, and is guided by professional rules of ethics and legal practices.
- Actively participate in all required meetings, trainings, and other activities as directed.
- Comply with HIPAA requirements of privacy and access of records.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associate Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, Psychological Assistant, or Registered Psychologist required. (BBS)
- Bilingual Spanish/Bicultural (*Required).
- California Driver License.
- Masters Degree in a related field.