Adult OSC Program Bilingual Therapist
Amanecer Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $56,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
- Amanecer Community Counseling Service is providing virtual interviews
- Currently the majority of our operations is conducted via telehealth services.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for ensuring adult clients are provided short- term, intensive, therapeutic and case management services, with the goal of stabilizing the client in crisis and providing quality mental health services.
OCS Adult Therapist:
Clients age 26 to 59. Most clients are seen in the field, and some are homeless. Clients must meet the Medi-Cal criteria of Medical Necessity and exhibit SPMI to a moderate or severe degree. Provide field-based individual therapy and case management to clients who qualify to receive field-based services, most often due to medical issues, physical impairment, or poor adherence to appointments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for rendering mental health services, which includes interventions to provide the maximum reduction of mental disability and restoration or maintenance of functioning consistent with the requirements for learning, development, independent living and enhanced self-sufficiency. a. Participate in home and community visits.
2. Under direction of clinical and/or administrative supervisor, interventions, including Evidence Based Practices, will be provided that adhere to HIPAA,
DMH and agency policies and procedures.
3. Provide initial and annual assessments, evaluations, therapy, rehabilitation, and plan development for clients as needed.
4. Provide crisis intervention; individual, group, and family therapy; and psychosocial rehabilitation therapy according to client needs and safety issues of self or others. a. Emergency response services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Weekend coverage is provided by staff on the on-call rotation schedule. b. Provides on-going support, monitor and/or modify Individualized Treatment and Crisis Plans.
5. Referral to psychiatrist when appropriate. Monitoring of medication compliance. Consultation with psychiatrist as needed.
6. Develop Coordination Plan and Client Care Plan for mental health services with the client, and family when necessary, and securing required signatures with current dates.
7. Maintain required records of all counseling sessions and client contact.
8. Completion of outcome measures on a timely manner, as needed.
9. Able to provide electronic documentation of all services and tasks indicated in the preceding items 1 through 7 in accordance with DMH and ACCS documentation standards and time limits.
10. Work collaboratively with various systems (DCFS, Probation, Regional Centers, psychiatric hospitals, County Crisis Teams, and/or residential facilities and group home, etc.)
11. Provide case management/linkage services to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative or other needed community services.
12. Communicate with Program Manager’s regarding client progress, issues, and any other important information, particularly those regarding client issues of safety of self or others.
13. Respect and adhere to the policies and procedures of the organization, and is guided by professional rules of ethics and legal practices.
14. Actively participate in all required meetings, trainings, and other activities as directed.
15. Comply with HIPAA requirements of privacy and access of records.
16. Actively participate in weekly staff meetings, treatment team meetings, clinical group supervision, individual supervision, and psychiatric consultation.
17. Attends and actively participates in CCS in-service presentations and trainings as scheduled.
18. Utilize agency’s vehicles & follow agencies policies & procedures.
19. Must have pre-approval for over-time in order to meet the needs of clients and DMH and ACCS documentation standards and time limits. a. Must take breaks and meal breaks and document on timesheet.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. ACSW, MFTI, APCC, BBS registered intern
2. Bilingual Spanish speaking
3. CA Driver’s License and clean driving record for insurance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Experience providing therapy to adults and families.
2. Experience working with multiethnic/racial communities.
3. Previous experience working in a community based organization.
4. All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for the clients who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, verbal aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, and inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
AmanecerWhy Work Here?
Excellent medical benefits, paid vacation, holidays and sick time. Competitive salary and an AMAZING supportive culture!
Providing innovative mental health services that empower individuals and their families to overcome barriers and significant life challenges
1200 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 400 Los Angeles CALos Angeles, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Amanecer