Customer Service Representative
- Expired: March 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Representative serves as the primary contact for external and internal customers, is responsible for making judgements and discretionary decisions that affect the operations of the organization and effectively communicates those judgements and decisions to the customer. The Customer Service Representative is also responsible for appropriately communicating customer requirements to the manufacturing team, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Create job tickets for all product operations in electronic order entry system as well as work with department managers to schedule, track projects through the production process, and inform management team of any possible conflicts.
- Responsible for facilitating communications directly with commercial and internal customers, sales, production and the management team on all project information to ensure the accuracy on all order requests.
- Provide quality minded efficient and prompt service relationships, via phone, e-mail and in person, between customers, production, sales and the management team, regarding orders, pricing, transportation/logistics, outstanding invoices, etc.
- Accurately translate and communicate customer project requirements to estimating for providing pricing to the customer and to facilitate timely production of the end product.
- Maintain a polite, friendly, tactful manner when handling customer complaints/inquiries.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, possess strong follow-ups skills, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, time-management skills, and the ability to handle high-work volume in a team environment.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be the point of contact for several customers daily basis.
- Communicate with commercial and internal customers for inquiries and concerns in a business-like and timely manner.
- Develop positive rapport with existing and prospective customers and attempt to develop new business.
- Keep detailed records of customer communications and transactions.
- Maintain client computer files and production files in an organized manner.
- Enter accurate stock inventory requirements on stock inventory list for all orders.
- Submit digital or paper proofs per customer or manager requests.
- Review job ticket specifications and assure that all materials utilized to produce jobs were properly accounted.
- Complete accurate final preparation of all completed job tickets for final invoicing, subject to review by manager.
- Performs other general tasks, not of a personal nature, as assigned by management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Customer Service Representative in a sheet-fed printing company, or a 4-year degree in printing management from an accredited college
- Preferred 2+ years of previous customer service in sheet-fed and digital printing
- Preferred 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & Outlook) is critical to success in this position.
- Experienced communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding knowledge of both offset and digital printing terminology standards.
- Have an understanding of printing formats, resolution, color space (cmyk vs. rgb vs pantone).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. periodically.
- Able to work for extended periods in Desk Cubical environment.
- Flexible with hours during high work volume periods.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
Amalgamated Life Insurance
AddressEast White Plains, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Amalgamated Life Insurance
Get fresh Internal Customer Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.