- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Amalgamated Foundation is excited to be recruiting for a Finance Manager to join its team.
Reporting to the Managing Director (MD) and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Finance Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the daily financial needs and operations of the Foundation. Additionally, this individual will be leading and executing financial process improvements that will result in a smoothly functioning, efficient, and effective organization. The Finance Manager’s role is critical to the health, risk, and reputation of the Foundation.
This newly created opportunity is a remote position and requires a highly organized and self-disciplined individual who is able to effectively work with agility and focus within a startup environment.
The Amalgamated Foundation is a platform for progressive, social change philanthropy that manages more than 150 donor-advised funds and collaborative funds. In 2020, the Foundation gave more than $60 million to organizations on the frontlines of social change, including $30 million to BIPoC-led organizations. Committed to innovation, the Foundation is uniquely nimble and efficient in forging connections between individual donors, institutional funders, and grantees.
The Foundation’s leadership initiatives include the Hate is Not Charitable Campaign that inspires dialogue and action about de-funding hate groups; the Democracy Reinvestment Fund that focuses on corporate support for the protection of voting rights; and the Disaster Recovery Hub that promotes a model of community-led disaster relief funding.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Management of the internal control environment, budgeting and reporting, and general financial management issues.
- Monitor accounting database and bank accounts, partner with back office for monthly reconciliations.
- Enter all transactions into the accounting database including deposits, pledges, grants, and accounts payable.
- Schedule all bills and grant payments with accounting including implementation of new bill payment system.
- Manage employee expense management system – including review of employee reimbursement requests and corporate credit card program.
- Partner with CFO to prepare monthly financial reports for leadership review including balance sheet and budget to actual progress report.
- Work closely with Managing Director to develop, document, and roll out efficient financial processes and workflows.
- Partner with and support CFO to:
- Perform financial tasks, run schedules, and serve as the primary staff point of contact for the annual 990 and audit.
- Support the annual budget process.
- Perform all year-end close out entries in accounting software.
- Produce 1099s and 1096.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in accounting, business, and/or finance.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and comprehension of financial accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working with data with a very high attention to detail.
- Comfort with high volume, large dollar transactions, and managing risk.
- Ability to navigate and manage systems and processes independently, efficiently, and effectively.
- Strong skills in the following:
- Communications: written, verbal, and listening; managing expectations; understanding who are the key stakeholders; curious, asks questions early; anticipates and prepares next steps and outcomes.
- Technology: Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint) and financial systems.
- Outstanding Excel skills (e.g. design and build spreadsheets that include formulas and large data sets)
- Good judgment and decision making skills with the ability to escalate concerns/challenges appropriately and in a timely manner
- Proactive problem solver and enjoys troubleshooting to surface solutions to achieve desired outcomes
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
- Accounting, business, and/or financial experience within the non-profit space.
We welcome and encourage individuals to apply even if they feel they do not have ANY of the desired qualifications.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is between $80,000 to $95,000 and will be commensurate to experience.
Generous benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Flexible Fridays, matching retirement program, and remote office stipend.
This position will be remotely based with infrequent domestic travel, as needed.
Amalgamated Foundation values a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Finance Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.