Exception Item Processing & Reconcilement Clerk
- $41,500 to $49,500 Yearly
Amalgamated Bank seeks a highly motivated Exception Item Processing & Reconcilement Clerk. This role will investigate and correct rejected transactions from FIS IP Center for all banks’ branches. This position will also review and refer check exceptions to Channels / Relationship Managers for status on large dollar; No Account Found (NAF)/Dormant; and Restricted accounts daily. The Exception Item Processing Reconcilement Clerk will reconcile and monitor accounts for the Bank’s Account Reconcilement Program (ARP).
Essential Job Functions:
- Review items on Horizon Posting Reject Journal and repair or refer to appropriate department/branch/ relationship manager(s) for pay / no pay decisions
- Accurately correct transactions by crediting / debiting GL; DDA and saving accounts using Horizon Transaction Processing System
- Refer any account to the supervisor /manager where float needs to be applied if non-cash deposit
- Update FIS Image Centre archive daily with paid exceptions
- Review stop suspect report for items rejecting if in a check range or missing check numbers where a stop is on the account. Refer any exceptions to manager for handling
- Perform forensic check signatures verification authenticating checks presented for payment in the amount of $5000.00 and above using FIS Forensic Fraud system
- Refer large dollar exceptions to Channels / Relationship Managers for pay / no pay decisions as necessary
- Process debits to DDA / SV accounts using Chargeback Manager System based returns received from the FED
- Create IRDs for dishonored checks and send to customers. Prepare all debit and credit advices for adjustments to return to customer’s in accordance with established procedures
- Retrieve notifications using EARNS system of checks dishonored in the amount of $2500.00 and above; hold funds on the account accordingly as per REG CC
- Close Transaction Processing System daily to create return item file through Fidelity Information Systems application to deliver returns to FIS West Deptford for distribution return item to the Endpoint for delivery to the depositing banks
- Reconcile customers DDA statement to Account Reconcilement program systems report on a daily basis
- Perform file maintenance on reconcilement database in a timely manner
- Prepare reconcilement packages for delivery to customers on a monthly basis
- Investigate daily exception items using various computer software packages and prepare adjustment memos to post to the client’s account
- Complete full reconcilement reports
- Update tracking logs and activity databases on a daily basis
- Perform daily pre-scrub of Positive Pay exceptions marking as invalid / valid
- Review customers’ Positive Pay Decision Report and return checks as instructions or AOTM company default
- Monitor, investigate and adjust claims received from internal and external customers
- Review and approve mobile and ATM deposits when applicable
- Perform various administrative duties as directed by Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good mathematical and basic accounting skills
- Ability to handle volume
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this role is between $41,500.00– $49,500.00. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferrable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Amalgamated Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disability / Veterans. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. View our Pay Transparency Statement. Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all team members currently working in our office space are required to show proof of vaccination. To be considered for any position at Amalgamated Bank where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date. Upon commencement of employment, new team members must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Amalgamated Bank of NYNew York, NY
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.