Commercial Banker, Nonprofit
- Posted: over a month ago
Amalgamated Bank seeks a Commercial Banker to be responsible for deposit and loan origination within the nonprofit sector. The Commercial Banker will be a strategic banking and sales professional. The Commercial Banker will work to further our vision and focus on key impact areas such as economic, social, and racial justice. The position is responsible for generating new client opportunities by meeting with prospects, attending networking functions and industry events. The position will also be expected to maintain and support a portfolio of deposit and lending clients with treasury management needs. The candidate will be responsible for understanding and providing guidance on credit policies and will act as the primary point of contact for internal credit presentations and loan reviews; responsible for working with the underwriting teams to structure loans that demonstrate strong credit and risk management. This candidate will build new customer relationships with philanthropic, non-profits, foundations, sustainability organizations, justice advocates, political and social enterprises. The candidate will develop and maintain expertise in customer, industry and market conditions that support the development of long-term trusted partner relationships across Amalgamated Bank’s impact focus areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and develop new business relationships with values aligned customers for deposit and loan growth
- A strong working knowledge of underwriting metrics, non-profit accounting and other forms of credit enhancements.
- Understand and execute senior management sales objectives and goals within the Northeast Region.
- Work closely with the underwriting and credit risk teams within the Bank to develop and structure new loans
- Work with internal commercial banking support functions to effectively on-board new clients
- Work closely with critical industry partners including trade/network organizations, consultants, economic development agencies and mission aligned service organizations to assist in driving new business aligned with Amalgamated Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the portfolio management team within the Bank to assure that existing loans are in compliance and well maintained
- Establish and maintain a thorough prospect file with corresponding business strategy
- Keep updated on changes to banking environment, bank competition and customer's business environment
- Understand the Bank’s Treasury Management product suite to cross sell services to customers
- Adhere to general bank regulatory procedures
- Perform other duties as directed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Leadership experience with a values-aligned organization, institution, or group
- 3+ years’ deep Nonprofit finance/banking experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in commercial banking lending/management or other finance focused industry
- Substantial skill set in relationship management, business development and strategy design that results in growth, a successful track record in coalition building, and partnership execution.
- Strong results oriented, which includes meeting commitments, performance metrics, and targeted and required delivery dates.
- Well-developed analytical, credit, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of credit administration, analysis, and credit policy/procedure
- Excellent verbal/written communication; interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this role is between $120,835 – $145,002.00. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferrable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Amalgamated Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disability / Veterans. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. View our Pay Transparency Statement. Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all team members currently working in our office space are required to show proof of vaccination. To be considered for any position at Amalgamated Bank where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date. Upon commencement of employment, new team members must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Amalgamated Bank of NY
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?