C&I Credit Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Credit Analyst at Amalgamated Bank, you’ll have opportunities to puzzle through how to finance world-changing projects led by clients who are striving for a more inclusive, just, and equitable society. We tackle today’s most pressing social issues and use finance as a tool to bring the future our clients envision into the present.
When we come to work, our passion for socially responsible lending means we analyze cash flows and want to know whether deals create affordable housing for working families. We ask whether secondary repayment sources mean that women and their partners can access high-quality healthcare. We are in the fight against climate change, and when we come to work, we structure loans to bring the clean energy future closer day-by-day.
We are searching for applicants who want a job with purpose, who crave impact, and have the analytical chops to solve complex business problems.
This position will work out of our New York or Washington DC office. The Credit Analyst will work closely with senior underwriters, the origination team and credit risk management in reviewing and analyzing financial statement reports, conducting due diligence, helping structure the transaction, assessing credit risk ratings, preparing deal screen presentations, writing credit approval memorandums, presenting recommendations to credit committee and monitoring, and managing the credit portfolio.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze borrower’s financial position by interpreting, evaluating, and spreading financial statements, tax returns, aging of receivables and payables, and projections.
- Determine the proper risk rating for all facilities in accordance with credit policy guidelines.
- Attend meetings and/or conference calls on new transactions and work with relationship managers and members of credit risk management in developing deal indicative term sheets and deal screen presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive credit memorandums that provide opinions and recommendations regarding proposed loans and potential risk and mitigants and ways out discussions.
- Conduct periodic credit annual review, including spreading of annual and interim financial statements, and credit analysis.
- Perform covenant(s) compliance and manage the portfolio
- Assist in early identification, classification and management of impaired credits.
- Assist in presentation of transactions to credit committee in support of approval.
- Review loan documentation for all underwritten or managed credits, prepared by internal or external counsel for covenant compliance and credit monitoring.
- Perform other transaction related and administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field with proven academic excellence
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Previous credit underwriting and/or banking experience a plus
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this role is between $84,900.00 – $96,400.00. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferrable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Amalgamated Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disability / Veterans. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. View our Pay Transparency Statement. Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all team members currently working in our office space are required to show proof of vaccination. To be considered for any position at Amalgamated Bank where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date. Upon commencement of employment, new team members must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Amalgamated Bank of NY
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?