This is not a remote position, nor is relocation assistance available. The candidate must be able to commute to a centrally located office in Worcester, MA for normal office hours.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some college preferred but not required
- Solid analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Above average Outlook and Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple groups and deadlines
- Knowledge of group health benefits is preferred but not required
- Assist in preparing requests for Stop Loss Insurance to our carrier partners and obtaining competitive policy options for current and prospective clients. This will include:
- Assist in analyzing requests for proposals (RFPs) as received by email
- Email requests for additional information to broker/administrator
- Follow up for additional information at the request of Account Manager or Claims Manager
- Prepare standard RFP package and submit to carriers selected in collaboration with Account Manager
- Enter information into an online enterprise management system (AmLINK) and Excel forms.
- Update as needed throughout process
- Follow up with underwriters to meet deadlines
- Review responses received for accuracy and ensure that all requested options are included
- Assist Account Manager with sending updates and/or requests for additional options
- Assist Account Manager with sold/renewal case paperwork
- Advise Account Manager of any underwriting changes Assist Claims Manager with sold case paperwork, tracking receipt of claims reports
- Processing Claims reimbursement checks
- Prepare invoices and send to proper contact
- Send out and track Business Associate Agreements as well as Broker Appointment paperwork
- Manage Vendor Payable
- Compensation includes competitive hourly wages, with occasional overtime and bonus plan
- Full benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and 401(k)
- Collaborative, continuing education focused work environment
- Entry level position with opportunity for advancement in growing office
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) with Vacation and Personal days
- Position will report to Operations Manager
About AmWINS Group Benefits
AmWINS Group Benefits, a division of AmWINS Group, Inc., is a leading wholesale broker of comprehensive group insurance programs and administrative services. Working with benefit brokers and consultants, AmWINS Group Benefits designs, distributes and administers customized health benefit products and services for retired and active populations in private and public organizations. AmWINS Group, Inc. is a leading specialty distributor of insurance products and services with expertise across a diversified mix of property, casualty and group benefits products. AmWINS employs more than 3,400 employees in 108 offices across 17 countries, including 78 in the United States. The firm places more than $10.8 billion in premium annually across five divisions - Access, Brokerage, Underwriting, Group Benefits and International. Visit www.amwins.com.
No direct inquiries please.