Rental Mechanic Winter 2022-23
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Rental Mechanic performs tune ups and repairs on all rental and customer owned equipment. Wages Start at $18/hour.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
- Greet and help guests in a professional manner;
- Assist rental shop with guests’ needs during peak hours
- Assist guests in selecting boots, skis, and snowboards
- Ensure the proper completion of rental agreements
- Other duties as assigned.
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Commuter's allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and Nordic Spa
- Must be minimum 18 years of age.
- Minimum multiple seasons prior experience tuning and maintenance of skiing/snowboarding equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of ski and snowboard equipment and accessories.
- Must possess the certification requirements for all major brands of bindings.
- Previous experience with Wintersteiger/Grindrite repair machinery preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays
- Good verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to assist guests of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to lift and carry ski equipment up to 50lbs.
- Duties include standing and walking for extended periods of time with some grasping, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting and reaching.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: The ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stoop, walk push or pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of time in varying temperatures and weather. Physical ability to shovel and keep tram venue in order. Physically able to navigate to tram stations on skis or snowboard, sometimes with a backpack or other tools. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: the noise in this work environment is usually moderate. Physical terrain in the work environment can be uneven with poor traction; there is ice and snow outside, and wet floors indoors.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Get fresh Rental Equipment Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.