Mountain Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mountain Operations Manager
We are hiring for the role of Mountain Operations Manager. This full-time leadership opportunity is based out of the Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska, and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
As a Mountain Operations Manager you will be responsible for executing and overseeing a broad range of mountain operations duties in addition to leading a growing team of professionals. You will be responsible for managing the day to day mountain operations and the long term goals of Alyeska Resort. You will achieve excellence by executing and completing mountain operations plans on time and within budget while providing strategic direction to your team and senior leaders within the organization. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
- Directs and oversees mountain area planning, and prioritizes on-mountain construction and maintenance projects.
- Personal communication, interactions and behaviors support all five of the organization's core values.
- Organizational orientation, training and hiring practices are executed properly.
- Connects meaningfully with their people; understands that their people are their customers, and does not fail to keep promises.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and represent the organization to outside vendors, contractors, business and community groups, as well as local, state and federal government agencies.
- Trains and evaluates their people in accordance with the standards of the company policies and
- Understands that we never get a second chance to make a first impression and provides consistent, real-time feedback to all employees on appearance, attitude, service delivery and degree of professionalism.
- Takes ownership of their department by analyzing monthly financial results and guest feedback to create action plans for the department to improve outcomes falling short of expectations and enhance results exceeding expectations, striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Decision making skills are advanced. Identifies problem, gathers information, develops and selects best alternative, implements, measures and evaluates. Problems are fixed once; before their leader is even aware.
- Responsible for leading all recruitment in the department, able to make staffing changes hiring the right people to fill the right positions.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments within the organization to execute operational and financial plans.
- Holiday Time Off
- Commuter’s Allowance
- Personal Days
- Referral Bonuses
- Medical & Dental Health Plan
- Discounts on Retail Products, Food and Beverage and Spa Services
- Relocation Assitance provided
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
Education & Experience:
- S. Preferred
- Past experience working in a Ski area is mandatory.
- Ability to multi-task, produce accurate work against hard deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 10 years of ski area experience
- Minimum 5 years in Mountain Operations with demonstrated leadership skills
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
This position is based on mountain, it will require early morning and very long days.
- Working in a variety of outdoor conditions with extreme temperature changes.
- Long hours on occasion, weekends and holidays.
- Working closely with General Managers, Senior Leaders and Executive team members
BusinessView all jobs at Alyeska Resort