- Posted: 17 days ago
Responsible for the managing the maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. Performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems. Schedule and supervise a crew of Maintenance Technicians. Manage a progressive Preventative Maintenance program for the varied facilities at Alyeska Resort.
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
• Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
• Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
• Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
• Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and Nordic Spa
- Supervise workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, HVAC, plumbing and furnishings of buildings.
- Continue to work with Director to implement and improve the Preventative Maintenance program.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing job duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies as directed.
- Communicate company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Assist in the initiation of or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Assist in performing activities of workers supervised when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly leads employees in the Facilities Department on the PM shift. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assisting the manager in planning, assigning, work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree in Engineering or related field, or
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and/or training, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ hospitality industry experience required
- Previous experience in large building maintenance and/or trade licenses preferred
- HVAC experience preferred
- Plumbing and boiler tech experience required
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: the noise in this work environment is usually moderate.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?