In-home caregiver/CNA/PCA/HHA - Join ABC's team & get FREE training & certifications, great pay, pos
Always Best Care Senior Services - Louisville SE Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring for multiple in-home caregiver positions - get on board for immediate openings &/or future assignments
LOCATIONS: Care for people in their homes in Louisville, St. Matthews, Prospect, Middletown, Jeffersontown, Lyndon, Glenview, Crestwood.
Always Best Care in Louisville (ABC) is an independently owned home care company driven by positive values that you can be proud of. We have created a rewarding team-oriented work environment. You can help us help seniors, veterans and people with disabilities or illnesses live as independently as possible in their own home or a senior community and feel great about making a difference in their lives.
ABC strives to be the BEST home care agency, not the biggest. We get to know our clients and caregivers personally and try to make careful, long-lasting matches. We make warm, personal introductions of caregivers to clients and their specific care plans and provide superior customer service through teamwork among our owners, caregivers, R.N. care manager and HR/scheduling assistants.
OUR CAREGIVERS ENJOY THESE BENEFITS
- Very competitive pay ($10-$14/hr) rises with the level of care required by the client, and adjusts for the number of hours per shift, paying more for shifts of under four hours
- FREE certifications and ongoing training online through the Institute for Professional Care Education to help you advance your career. (You would pay thousands of dollars to take these classes yourself).
- Flexible Scheduling - You can choose from assignments that you're a good match for, to create a schedule that works for you
- RX discount program - Can save up to 65% on medications
- Referral bonuses of $50 and more!
- Thorough ABC training and ongoing support, including educational material and coaching on a wide range of care giving subjects such as Alzheimer's/dementia, Parkinson's, Diabetes, and many others.
- W-2 employee status - we pay all your payroll taxes
- Workers' compensation insurance
- Covered by liability insurance
- Unemployment insurance
CAREGIVERS MUST DEMONSTRATE SKILL/ABILITY TO PERFORM DUTIES FOR EACH CARE LEVEL BEFORE BEING ASSIGNED TO A CLIENT AT THAT LEVEL (Pay increases with client care level)
- LEVEL 1 - Includes companionship, light housekeeping, cooking, medication reminders, pet care, transportation to and from appointments, shopping and outings and many other personal services tailored to help each specific client remain at home.
- LEVEL 2 - Includes Level 1 if needed, plus such duties as preparing special diet, walking/standby assistance, help with exercises, bathing, grooming and/or dressing.
- LEVEL 3 - Includes Levels 1 and 2 if needed, plus transferring (in/out of bed/wheelchair), turning (bedsore prevention), catheter bag emptying, incontinence care, safety supervision, and feeding.
- At least one year of caregiving experience, including clinicals and caring for family
- C.N.A. certificate not required but is a plus! We like H.H.A.s and P.C.A.s too!
- Reliable door-to-door transportation to various clients' homes
- Pass Work Style Questionnaire
- High school diploma, or G.E.D.
- Social Security card/proof of residence,
- Provide valid driver's license & auto insurance to be eligible for assignments requiring taking client to errands and appointments.
- Results of current TB test or x-ray (Less than 11 months ago)
- Working cell phone and quick response (use of email and/or texting is important!)
- Pass background check, drug screen, & skills test
- Solid employment references/good work history
- Proven ability to listen, read, understand, and follow detailed instructions. Completing our requirements as instructed below is the first step in proving your abilities!