Social Worker - Educator
Alvin A Dubin Alzheimers Reso Fort Myers, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer's Resource Center, Inc.’s mission is to provide education, information, and support to people with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, their families, and others involved in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. We offer a variety of programs aimed at providing health education, information & referrals, counseling, and crisis intervention.
- The Social Worker is responsible for providing assistance, guidance, and support in order to achieve the initiatives of the Dubin Center by being responsive to the needs of those being served, the team, and the community.
- The Social Worker is responsible for facilitating support group meetings, at designated locations throughout Lee and Hendry Counties, and meeting with caregivers, their families, and others involved in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, to provide necessary assistance and support.
- This position will assist in the development and implementation of educational programs for professionals providing care and/or services to memory impaired persons and for providing educational programs for caregivers and professionals.
- The Social Worker must have the ability to effectively represent the Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center to outside agencies and act as a liaison between the public and the agencies and institutions working in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- This position coordinates and writes grant proposals that match the goals and objectives of the organization.
- The Social Worker reports directly to the Executive Director and will periodically, and upon request, inform the Executive Director of the status of services and assistance being provided to those in need, of speaking engagements, and other activities that the Social Worker is taking part in on behalf of the Dubin Center.
- As a Dubin Center Social Worker, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.Working hours are generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Monday – Friday, however time worked is flexible with occasional work on evenings or weekends for special projects as needed. The Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center is opened during business hours Monday - Friday and primarily responds to situations only during those hours. In certain situations, programs and support group meetings are held during early evening hours.
The position of Social Worker - Educator requires a minimum of a four-year degree in social work. An MSW is required. An LCSW preferred but not required. A minimum of 2-years relevant work experience with the aging population, caregivers and health professionals, in the field of dementia and Alzheimer’s care, is required. Certification or eligibility for certification, to teach required assisted living and nursing home Alzheimer’s trainings in the State of Florida is required. Prerequisites include strong people and teaching skills, ability to establish rapport with professionals and caregivers, and strong interpersonal skills with both groups and individuals. Must also be self-directed and have the ability to develop objectives and outlines for educational curricula. Technology skills are required to be able to utilize Power Point format for teaching curricula and develop web-based education programs. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Prerequisites include the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Group work skills and the ability to establish rapport with those served;
- Willingness and initiative to collaborate with other agencies, the community, and the Dubin Center team;
- Comfortable with public speaking;
- Motivated, self- starter and self-directed;
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation, with access to an automobile and required insurance coverage:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and email correspondence.
Bi-Lingual Spanish fluency preferred.
- Travel to and prepare group site and facilitate support group meetings throughout Lee & Hendry. Group members include, but are not limited to Caregivers, family members, and others involved in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, as well as the loved ones with memory impairment.
- Schedule visits with caregivers, family members, and others involved in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders and/or those with memory impairment disorders as necessary in order to carry out the mission of the Center.
- Meet with caregivers, family members, and others involved in the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders seeking individual assistance. Such meetings take place in the Center, at the home or office of the person in need of services, or at another designated location.
- The Social Worker will assist and provide supportive feedback, educational information, and resource referrals to individuals and families as they are faced with Alzheimer’s and Dementia related issues via phone calls, emails, face to face meetings and via support group activities, in order to address their identified needs.
- Assess and address safety and risk concerns and develop safety and intervention plans accordingly.
- Maintain such records as are necessary for documenting client contacts and other related activities to support the Center’s mission.
- Provide monthly reporting to the Executive Director and to the Board when needed.
- Attend and participate in committee, work group meetings, and outreach when requested by the Executive Director. Provide feedback and input relevant to social workers intervention in order to assist in assessing needs of the community, as well as revising, developing, and implementing programs.
- Work cooperatively with community agencies, in order to assist those served in effectively accessing resources.
- Professionally represent the Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center in dealings with the public in matters concerning the Center and the programs and services offered.
- Administer memory screenings and making appropriate referrals accordingly.
- Develop and implement educational programs for professionals providing care and/or services to memory impaired persons and for providing educational programs for caregivers and professionals.
- Coordinate and write grant proposals that match the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Alvin A Dubin Alzheimers Reso
AddressFort Myers, FL
GovernmentView all jobs at Alvin A Dubin Alzheimers Reso