The Sr. Systems Administrator shall research, compile and document reviews, drawings, schematics, and reports, interviews with technical staff members, and the study of published material for use in various logistics documents, technical manuals, test plans, and reports, training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentation.
Primary/Major Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Virtual Platform support including but not limited to:
- ESXi Hosts VMWare Deployment Support
- Network Fabric
- NetApp Storage
- MS Windows Support including but not limited to:
- Active Directory & GPO
- Domain Naming System & Site Services
- Windows Update Services (WSUS)
- Operating System
- Enterprise Maintenance support including but not limited to:
- Vender interaction and escalation
- Outage response
- System Implementation support including but not limited to:
- VMS integration support with Applications
- Scripting & Automation
- Data & process analysis
- Cyber Security & compliance
- Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) support including but not limited to:
- Generate LCSP for the VMS platform and updated as needed
- Convene technical exchange meetings
- Develop system security/IA plans and controls under guidance in DIACAP, RMF, NIST 800-53, NIST 80-37, CNSS 1253, DCID 6/3, AND NISCAP.
- Review audit events and data for information systems and coordinate events/incidents that may occur with stakeholders.
- Coordinate with program management and customers to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with DoD IA requirements.
- Sr. Systems Administrator shall be proficient in VMWare and Windows environment.
- Sr. Systems Administrator is required to have and maintain a current DoD IAT II Certification.
- The Sr. Systems Administrator shall be capable of performing all duties unsupervised.
- The Sr. Systems Administrator shall provide the status of assigned tasks via both prepared and ad hoc oral briefings to project manager.
- The Sr. Systems Administrator is knowledgeable and can direct system compliance and requirements.
- Decompose system specifications to determine operational requirements and work with information systems security engineers, developers, and other security personnel to develop management and operational procedures, when required, to meet those requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- The Sr. Systems Administrator shall have a minimum of four plus (4+) years within the last 8 years of Navy C41(S) experience.
- The proposed Sr. Systems Administrator shall have three plus (3+) years of recent experience in a DoD environment.
- The Sr. Systems Administrator must have certifications compliant with DoD 8570.01, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a Secret Security Clearance