- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENERAL NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION:
This position performs the duties involved in computer system technical support. These duties include responding to support requests via the help ticket system and performing assigned projects. Duties will be focused on complex troubleshooting and escalated issues. Projects and requests will involve computer setup & configuration, hardware & software troubleshooting, following inventory procedures, end user training, and communication with vendors for product research and support. This candidate must be organized, have knowledge of Operating Systems, VMware, Active Directory/Group Policy, and Microsoft Office. The candidate must be comfortable learning new technology skills as required. This person will provide support to the Level 1 and Level 2 Network Administrators as needed. The Network Administrator will work with the entire company staff as well as Alura’s external customers. This position is required to take part in an on-call rotation and will be dispatched to customer sites to complete on-site work as needed. Some evening and weekend work may also be required for special events.
We are seeking a candidate who can think quickly on their feet, and is adept at working around traditional parameters to develop solutions for our technical problems. A track record demonstrating initiative and execution are vital characteristics for any candidate pursuing this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Aid customers with software and hardware problems.
2. Diagnose and troubleshoot customer infrastructure and server systems.
3. Maintain customer infrastructure and server systems
4. Monitor support ticket queue for support requests and voicemails, liaise with other technology teams to redirect tickets where applicable, focusing on escalations.
5. Maintain a knowledge of new technologies and services within the IT industry.
6. Answer support phone calls when needed, work tickets and document issues via PSA System
7. Research hardware & software product availability, as requested by management.
8. Handle multiple tickets and projects simultaneously.
9. Perform On-site support at any of Alura’s customers when needed
10. Contribute constructively in department meetings.
11. Assist in obtaining and preparing data for decision-making, planning and evaluation.
12. Maintain and assure confidentiality of data.
13. Prepare and maintain appropriate written documentation for customer systems.
14. Maintain a neat and organized workspace.
15. Report to work on time, as scheduled.
16. Work as a team player that assists in all aspects of the company upon request.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and team lead.
1. Respond to after-hour customer emergency calls generated by company answering service.
2. Perform after-hours maintenance as scheduled by system or other technicians.
3. Review daily backup, update and maintenance logs generated by Asset control platform.
4. Review alerts generated by customer equipment reported by Asset control platform.
5. Be part of overflow call queue during week of on-call.
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of directly related Administration/Support experience with Microsoft Windows Servers including Windows Server, Exchange Server, and SQL Server. Firewall and Networking experience, Cisco and Sonicwall preferred. Excellent troubleshooting skills. Good communication skills (written, oral and listening). Strong multi-tasking skills. Must have ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Minimum of Associates Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
Experience with office operations, network firewalls, system security, Windows Server OS and Microsoft Office products and hardware virtualization is required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to support by phone and in person hardware and software.
2. Provide end user technical support and troubleshooting with network attached equipment such as Smartphones, Laptops, iPads, etc.
3. Strong Experience with MS Operating systems, Windows XP - 10 / Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019 including installation, support, and troubleshooting
4. Strong knowledge Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain support
5. Familiar with setup and configuration of Sonicwall, ZyXel Firewalls and Cisco Switches
6. Strong understanding of hardware virtualization techniques via use of VMware
7. Comfortable calling Vendors
8. Comfortable calling external Tech Support and escalating issues if needed
9. Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups
10. Ability to work independently
11. Good skills with keyboard typing and mouse usage
12. Good, clear verbal communication skills
13. Good problem solving skills
14. Good organizational skills
15. Reliable and Dependable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is also occasionally required to lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
1000 E Germantown Pike Ste C-4 Plymouth MeetingPlymouth Meeting, PA
Get fresh Computer System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.