For nearly 20 years, Aluminess Products, Inc. has been a market leader in manufacturing quality off-road bumpers, roof racks, and accessories for the overland industry. Our aluminum products are designed for strength and utility, allowing our customers to explore further and do more. We proudly build all of our products here in the USA.
Aluminess Products is looking to hire a talented individual who will be responsible for many areas within the company; from development of new product and making product improvements, to improving manufacturing processes.
- Research, design, and develop new products from concept to full implementation onto the manufacturing line
- Design product using CAD, and consult with marketing / manufacturing team members to ensure designs are meeting necessary requirements
- Evaluate and improve current product offerings by applying knowledge of design, fabrication, and assembly techniques
- Support and maintain all current product offerings
- Estimate and evaluate product costs prior to release by creating bill of materials to include material, labor, and supplier costs
- Support continuous improvement efforts on the manufacturing processes and equipment focusing on standardization
- Trouble shoot, provided process improvements, cost reductions, and plan projects to support company goals.
- Assure compliance with engineering principles and quality standards.
- Communicates product and/or process needs to engineering and production personnel
- Produce all related and required engineering documentation
- Provide solutions to technical problems
- Evaluates and services equipment as needed
- Confers with equipment vendors and suppliers
- Minimum 3+ years experience in mechanical engineering or other related fields. Automotive and/or manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Familiarity and proficiency in 3D modeling skills (Solidworks)and must possess the ability to read / work with engineering drawings
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Must have strong computer skills, being able to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other databases