Production Supervisor 2nd shift
- Posted: over a month ago
Come join one of the oldest aluminum boat manufacturers in the US! Alumacraft celebrated its 75th year in business in 2021. If you enjoy taking on challenges and are not afraid to go off-road to get to the destination, keep on reading.
As the Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift, you will lead a team of up to 50 direct labor employees to meet and continuously improve Safety, Quality and Productivity/Schedule Attainment metrics, and act as a role model for BRP ethics and values.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production and/or handling of goods.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Ensure compliance of safety requirements.
- Inspect materials, products and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials or other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Confer with management and subordinates to resolve worker issues, complaints and/or grievances.
- Interpret specifications, blue prints, job orders and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Recommend and/or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, employee safety and efficiency.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals and rates, based on company policies, equipment, labor availability and workloads.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts and/or repair services.
- Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
- Conduct employee training on equipment operations, work, safety and quality procedures.
- Keep records of employee’s attendance and hours worked.
- Recommend and/or execute personnel actions such as hiring, evaluations, promotions and corrective actions.
- High School Diploma or GED along with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience is required - either direct or indirect.
*Shift hours are 4 - 10 hour days (Monday - Thursday) from 5:00 p.m. - 3:30 a.m. Currently working every other Friday for 8 hours.
Apply on-line at www.alumacraft.com then select Careers.
Life At BRP-Alumacraft
At Alumacraft, we craft state-of-the-art boats that have a deep connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally. By joining Alumacraft, you will be part of BRP, a global leader in the world of powersports products, propulsion systems and boats such as Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and pontoons, Can-Am on and off-road vehicles, Manitou and Quintrex boats, as well as Rotax engines for karts and recreational aircraft.
Built on 80 years of ingenuity and intensive consumer focus, BRP is a multinational company with a global workforce of close to 20,000 driven, resourceful people with the deeply held belief that work, as with life, is not about the destination. It’s about the journey.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Follow us on:
● LinkedIn @BRP;
● Twitter @BRPnews;
● Facebook @BRPinfo.
Alumacraft Boat Co
AddressSaint Peter, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?