- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy mechanical problem solving and have a background in electronics? Altus is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Engineer (EME) to join our team to design, troubleshoot, and help develop our amazing next generation products. As an EME, you will support our production team on real-time issues but focus primarily on our electro-mechanical designs.
Although you may not know us by name, we guarantee you have seen our products. Altus is a growing company servicing one of the nation’s highest growth industries – Healthcare Technology. We build products that enable clinicians to have a mobile workstation, thereby enhancing their efficiency and workflow. As a company, we invest in our employees as much as we do in our products. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and both the environment and resources to expand your skill set.
Our engineering team works together on design, problem solving, and quality to name just a few things. If you are interested in being a part of this determined, customer-first, and always improving team, then reach out to us today.
Some of what you will do daily as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer for Altus may include:
- Develop new product designs both individually and part of a Design Team in response to Management’s directives.
- Liaise with external suppliers on new product design initiatives and existing product improvements or problem solving.
- Ensure drawings and engineering are accurate and useful for manufacturing to build quality, consistent components.
- Ensure that timeline goals are identified and completed on time.
- Support electrical architecture development and wiring diagrams for the battery management and related electrical system.
- Work with the engineering team to allocate position and space for electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Conduct, coordinate, and track electro-mechanical root cause failure analysis and implement corrective actions.
To be successful, we believe that you will have most of the following skills and experiences:
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of wiring diagrams
- Working knowledge of Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP)
- In depth knowledge of mechanical design and GD&T
- Working knowledge of product release processes strongly preferred, including Engineering Release, PPAP and PSW
- In depth knowledge of SolidWorks
- Proficient in time management, and project prioritization
- Strong analytical and business problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and quality focus
- Strong Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Solid technical background, good business acumen and sound judgement
- Must be able to work collaboratively and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think independently and critically and analyze data and situations quickly
- Ability to work hands-on
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
If you are ready to be a part of a passionate team and make a significant impact within an organization, please consider submitting your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. We look forward to talking to you about our Electro-Mechanical Engineer position.
To learn more about us, please visit us at www.altus-inc.com.
Altus Industries II, Inc.
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Altus Industries II, Inc.