Job Category:Commercial Property Valuation
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group is currently looking for a new Senior Real Estate Consultant. This position can be based out of our Irvine, LA or Seattle office in our Advisory, Altus Analytics division.
- Appraisal/Appraisal Management: Review market data and analyses completed by the Analyst and apply judgement to determine application of USPAP guidelines in determining reasonable valuation assumptions used in deriving a market value estimate. Assumptions include market rent, market rent growth, pricing, operating expenses, etc. Model cash flows in either ARGUS DCF or ARGUS Enterprise used for the income approach valuation, as well as all adjustments and conclusions made in the Sales Comparison and Cost approaches within the appraisal report. Responsible for daily adjustment for clients' daily funds, with tasks include the following: determine the values for the assets for the following quarter for accrual process, update intra-quarter valuations based on various significant events (new major leases, changes in capital market, changes in market conditions, and significant unplanned capital projects
- Appraisal Review: Review third party appraisal reports as part of the valuation management process, which includes reviewing the preliminary reviews with Analysts, determine the reasonableness of pricing and market assumptions used in the appraisal reports, and document, discuss and resolve any concerns with the client and/or the 3rd party appraiser. Review appraisal reports for compliance with USPAP and State regulations. Manage client communications throughout the valuation management engagement.
- Due Diligence: Conduct due diligence on potential acquisitions, including identifying and discussing any potential tenant risks (kick out clauses, bad debt, termination rights, etc.) with the client lead, and discussing market conditions and the reasonableness based on USPAP guidelines of underwriting assumptions
- Training/Professional Development: Continue training using the Professional Development Flight Plan. *In Pursuit of the General Certified License - state license.
- Responsible for daily adjustment and analysis for clients' daily funds:
- Update intra-quarter valuations based on various significant events (new major leases, changes in capital market, changes in market conditions, and significant unplanned capital projects)
- Help prepare accrual schedules for clients' NAV reporting
- University or college degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience working within the CRE industry
- ARGUS certified is an asset
- Working knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Can complete end to end appraisal review
- Ability to proactively communicate (i.e. when behind on deliverables or seeking assistance)
- Experience working independently or within a team environment setting in a professional setting.
- Management experience is a plus.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.