Information Technology Systems Administrator
Description of Responsibilities
The IT systems administrator will work closely with IT Sr. Director and is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security of the company intranets and computer systems. Duties include assigning and maintaining user access, installing and maintaining software, responding to employee concerns relating to IT, troubleshooting IT issues, and writing policy documents and training materials for employees. Manages servers, network equipment, and other related IT infrastructure. Coordinates with company leadership to determine new technologies and enhancements for company's systems. This position may require on-call, after-hours work.
This position will report to the Sr. Director, IT.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Sets up and maintains user access for all employees.
- Maintain and troubleshoot systems and networks
- Implements & manages user and network security.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Keep up-to-date documentation of hardware and software inventory, network topology, and user support requests
- Researches, recommends, and purchases new hardware and software.
- Evaluates existing software applications & performs routine updates/modifications.
- Installs and maintains new software & hardware ensuring licensing laws are followed.
- Audits network security and compliance requirements. Support of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, instrument-controlled software, core desktop
- Support activities of the MSSP including implementing security protocols, investigate potential threats
- May provide technical support to augment MSP activities, new system validations and change management efforts
- Ensures asset management protocols are in place and followed including on-boarding, retirement, and relocation of equipment
- Support IT projects, as assigned
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Network Engineer or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years work experience with Microsoft Servers, AWS or other Cloud provider, systems, software/hardware
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop respectful relationships across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network . Good understanding of of operating systems such as Windows desktop and server, familiarity with networking concepts and security concepts such as firewalls, antivirus software, intrusion detection.
This team member may be required to travel up to 30-50% to the designated pharmacy sites.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
- The team member is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The team member may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.