Altru Health System is an integrated healthcare system of more than 200 physicians representing 44 specialties located in 10 communities serving a population of 225,000 in northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Practice in Grand Forks, ND, a community of 60,000 located on the ND/Minnesota border.
- Team of 5 pathologists with variable fellowship training:
- Hematopathology, Surgical pathology, Hematopathology/Molecular pathology, Surgical pathology/cytopathology and a general pathology trained pathologist.
- Sub specialization in Dermatopathology to support busy Dermatology practice
- 15,000 Surgicals, 8,350 Pap smears, 1,470 non-GYN , 200 Bone marrows, No autopsies
- Pathologists support regional laboratories as medical directors
- Pathologists support primary laboratory in Grand Forks through medical director and clinical consultant roles for all service areas
- Pathologists provide frozen section service for surgery
- Pathologists support busy EBUS, EUS and Interventional radiology Biopsy services
Equipment includes typical instruments to process and prepare tissue for diagnostic observation, automated immunohistochemistry stainers (Ventana) and Thin Prep Processor for cytology. Multi-headed scope for intradepartmental daily QA conference.
The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences located in Grand Forks. Offers opportunities to teach medical students and residents on rotation with additional teaching exposure opportunities on campus. Altru has a Family Medicine Residency program and UND has a Surgical Residency program.
Requirements: BC/BE Dermatopathology (AP/CP Required)