Care Specialist III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alto is America's leading digital pharmacy, transforming a $500 billion industry. Founded in 2015, Alto's better pharmacy model is centered on the critical role of pharmacists as the final link in a person's health journey. Alto combines expert pharmacist care with purpose-built technology to deliver a more convenient and affordable experience for those who need medication. To date, Alto has fulfilled more than three million prescriptions, expanded to twelve markets, and built a mobile app experience that makes it easier than ever to manage medications and chat with a pharmacist. As Alto continues its rapid growth, it remains customer obsessed, with an industry-leading NPS score of 86.
We're building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system's most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor's orders requires more than just delivering pills, we're managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine's true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We've filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we've raised $354 million in funding, and we're on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
The Patient Care experience is an essential part of our mission to build the pharmacy of the future. Our Pharmacy Technician team goes above and beyond for our patients by combining the friendliness of your neighborhood pharmacy with the speed of a fast-moving startup. We believe in changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better to provide a five-star experience.
As a Pharmacy Technician III, you will use your advanced knowledge working in a pharmacy to prepare and submit third-party insurance claims using our custom-built pharmacy management system. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting complex cases. You'll also deliver extraordinary customer service while handling patient escalations via phone, text, chat, and email.
Employment is conditional upon having an active PTCB certification. Alto will cover the cost of your registration fee and renewals upon expiration.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
- Access and manipulate patient profiles
- Patient Communication
- Prescription and Medication Information
- Prescription Processing
- Provider Communication
A Bit About You:
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- An active pharmacy technician (PTCB) license in good standing with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, free of any disciplinary actions
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims
- Ability to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe, and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- Experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Experience submitting and managing Prior Authorizations and TAR's
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
HealthcareView all jobs at Alto Pharmacy