JOB TITLE: Sr. Graphic Designer & Art Director
FT/PT: Full-Time Salaried Position
CLOSE DATE: Sep 30, 2019
LOCATION: Provo, UT
COMPENSATION: Salary DOE + Bonus, Profit Sharing or Equity
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 6+ years of graphic design experience with an extensive portfolio available for review. Minimum 4+ years of experience as a senior-level graphic designer. 1-2 years of experience at the Director level (Art Director, Design Director, Associate Creative Director, etc.) is preferred, but not required. Successful candidate will have experience in all major media and design fields, including print, web, video, animation, and rotatable 3D graphics. The successful candidate will be charged with ensuring high-quality, on-brand design across all departments, collaterals, websites, landing pages, print media, presentations, and videos. Our CEO has prioritized a major improvement in design quality and consistency. Our goal is to identify a long-term A+ designer who, after demonstrating his or her excellence, could be promoted to Creative Director and given an appropriate equity stake in the company.
ABOUT ALTIUS: Altius is a company with over 13 years of experience leveraging proven memory science and 1-on-1 mentoring to help our clients achieve the so-called impossible. Graduates of our program are over 700% more likely than their peers to score in the 99th percentile on standardized exams. We change the lives of under-achieving and disadvantaged students across the country by teaching them a more effective way to study and learn, and by drastically elevating their goals and ultimate achievement. We currently operate at over 130 universities across the country, have been profitable since day one, have zero debt, and expect continued 100-200% year-over-year growth. The role of Sr. Graphic Designer & Art Director will be vital to our continued rapid growth—growth that means more dreams come true for our deserving clients!
YOU’LL LOVE THIS NEW ROLE IF:
· You are superbly confident in your ability to create high-quality, cutting-edge design for printed brochures, webpages, video graphics and more.
· You get excited by the idea of making a major impact on a rapidly-growing brand. Our website, collaterals and other graphic design applications are in serious need of improvement. You will work directly with the CEO and other members of the executive team to re-invent the aesthetics of our brand and deliver a consistent company-wide design identity.
· Your design style, as evidenced by your portfolio, is modern and sophisticated. It gives adequate attention to white space, typography, and the various Gestalt principles.
· You prefer a team environment with very ambitious goals, where becoming an industry-leader is the only goal worth pursuing.
· You enjoy a dynamic team-like office culture with high independence and high accountability.
· You value vacation time (we offer unlimited vacay and free airfare to Hawaii) and time spent with your friends & family (we all take one full week off for both Thanksgiving and Christmas), but are generally accustomed to working harder than most your colleagues when you’re at work.
· You are highly successful in your current role but are searching for a way to use your talents to make a more positive impact on the world.
· You thrive in a situation where you have real skin in the game through commission, profit sharing or equity.
WE’LL LOVE YOU IN THIS ROLE IF:
· You have a sophisticated eye for high-quality design and minute attention to detail.
· You are extremely confident in your ability to coordinate with the current executive team to create a beautiful, sophisticated, repeatable brand aesthetic that conveys both the values and emotions appropriate to our brand story.
· You have the people and leadership skills to engage with stakeholders in every department to effectively protect and secure design quality and brand standards.
· You are confident in your ability to plan, develop, and execute a strategy that will result in Altius becoming “known” or “recognized” for the quality and consistency of our design and brand aesthetics.
· You and your team are capable of producing new on-brand collaterals relatively quickly—without sacrificing quality.
· Competitive salary
· You’ll be treated like an owner and will receive bonuses, profit sharing or equity directly tied to the company’s bottom line.
· Unlimited vacation and PTO – including maternity, paternity and sick leave
· FREE airfare to Hawaii for you and a companion once/year
· Premier-level health insurance, including dental & vision
· Fully stocked kitchen with soda fountain, lemonade, water, meals and snacks
· Guaranteed annual 401(k) contribution (even if you don’t contribute)
· Beautiful brand-new office in Provo, UT with ample lounge and flex workspaces
· Fast-growing company with tons of opportunity!
HOW TO APPLY:
· Review our Careers page first, before applying: https://AltiusMCAT.com/Careers
· Complete this online application: http://altiusmcat.com/SrGraphicDesigner
· Please note the position close date and act quickly. This is a busy hiring period at Altius; several positions will be filled before the official close date.