Athletic Mindset Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For the past decade, our company has sought to add value to the lives of our clients, but also the professional and personal lives of our employees. One of our sales teams is seeking to expand into a few new local markets, and we are searching for a current or former athlete with a competitive mindset to join our unconventional and dynamic sales team.
Athletes are constantly looking for ways to challenge themselves, and our company has cultivated a culture that rewards people with a "nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort" mentality. In this sales role, your effort will be directly reflected in your paycheck; reward should (and does) have a direct correlation to your efforts. This role is highly independent, but you're never alone; your team is always supporting you in the background. If you are someone who can push past the ugly, focus on goals, and are not discouraged by the grind, this may be a great fit for you. This isn't an easy job, but nothing of value ever is.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
This is an outside sales position working in your own assigned sales territory. We will train you to call on small and medium-sized businesses that operate in a variety of industries. This role entails meeting face-to-face with business owners and decision-makers to offer some of the industry's best supplemental insurance products and services to them and their employees. You will work with business owners, benefits managers, and their employees individually at times; other times, you will give product presentations with employee groups as large as 50-100+ people. General job responsibilities include:
Responding to general emails and phone calls from clients
Setting follow-up appointments with prospective and current clients to review their needs
Being present on scheduled calls or meetings with your sales team or manager
Calling in person on new businesses, referrals, and existing clients who need to be reserviced
Building and maintaining your own book of business
Meeting with the sales team manager as needed to discuss and set your upcoming monthly and quarterly target sales goals and quotas
Develop relationships with local business owners in your territory
Set your own scheduled working hours and submit them to your sales manager each week
Follow up on provided sales leads and cold-call on businesses in person, balancing "cold" lead generation and sales with your warm leads and appointments with existing clients
Submit your sales metrics and activity daily
What It Takes To Be Successful In This Role:
1. Personality: You must have the ability to build trust with your potential clients, and this will require you to have an outgoing, honest, energetic, and "big" personality. If you are afraid of talking to strangers or don't enjoy having meaningful conversations with someone you just met 30 seconds ago, this role may not be a good fit for you.
2. Confidence: You must be confident in your interactions in a way that tells the client that a product demo with you will be a worthwhile use of their time and leaves no doubt that the products you're offering them will provide value to them. That includes a willingness on your part to address any objections and potential pushback in a confident and comfortable manner.
3. Coachability: Our approach to sales is quite simple and common but also very proprietary. Many of the activities we do are standard for sales teams everywhere in other industries besides ours, but the expectations we have and the ways that we approach even a short conversation are unique. To be successful as a sales rep, you must be able to listen to feedback, own that feedback, and then take action to implement that feedback and correct weaknesses.
4. Mental Toughness: Next to coachability, the most important attribute that leads to success and top performance in this role is the ability to persist. You must be relentless and be able to draw from experiences of times in life when you encountered adversity and overcame it. All sales jobs involve daily rejection, and you must be capable of pushing through negative experiences without losing your cool, getting flustered, or taking it personally.
5. Work Ethic: This is a role that will challenge you and help you grow professionally and personally. To be successful, you must have high expectations for yourself and be willing to put in the time, the effort, and the sweat equity to meet those expectations.
PRIMARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Superior ability to connect with people and make a friend quickly
A passion for helping people
A background of above-average performance in sales, athletics, or leadership
Clearly-defined personal goals
A positive attitude and a general spirit of optimism
Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to think quickly on your feet; situational awareness
Coachability; a hunger to learn and improve
Above-average time management skills, ability to work independently, and self-motivation
Competitive experience (sports teams, coaching, former college or professional athletes, competitive leagues, etc.)
Already licensed in Health & Life general lines (or willing and able to obtain Health & Life producer license - licensing reimbursement offered)
Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 4 years of professional (post-high school) work experience. Candidates within 6 months or less of degree completion will be considered, as will candidates with less than 4 years of professional work experience with relevant or specialized outside sales experience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Live online classroom product training as well as hands-on sales training in your own territory
Compensation package includes weekly pay with bonuses and commission eligibility upon start, cash and stock bonuses, incentive trips, and lifetime-vested renewal commissions.
Major medical, dental, and vision available after 90 days
Autonomous career advancement and performance-based promotions
Schedule flexibility based on results achieved rather than time worked
Excellent ongoing professional development, advanced sales training, and leadership training
Work around other like-minded, driven, caring people in a culture that feels like a family
Altitude Development Group
AddressPost Falls, ID
BusinessView all jobs at Altitude Development Group