Formulations Scientist/Senior Formulations Scientist
Altimmune (NASDAQ: ALT) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing treatments for obesity and liver diseases. Our pipeline includes next-generation peptide therapeutics pemvidutide and HepTcell™, which are being developed for obesity, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), and chronic hepatitis B.
The Formulations Scientist/Senior Formulations Scientist role will act as a key member of the formulation/process development team for a variety of dosage forms (solid, transdermal, and inhalation) using QbD principles. The candidate will independently design, plan, performs, interprets, and reports the results of scientific experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of drug products (DP), processes, and procedures needed for technology transfer and manufacture of the product.
- Responsible for conducting formulation development activities in the laboratory and managing CROs for oral solid dosage form development of a peptide product
- Design and perform quality scientific experimentation to develop robust processes in support of Formulation / Process Development activities
- Analyze and defend scientific results from experiments, design and conduct stability studies, generate accurate, reliable data by following established protocols and practices to support product development, and summarize, interpret, report, and publish results
- Represent the Oral Solids Formulation group to interact with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work independently, supervised on an "as needed" basis, recognize and address key issues likely to affect the successful and/or timely completion of tasks and projects
- Communicates effectively to the management team, project manager, and the wider development team and presents data at team meetings and departmental technical meetings
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related life sciences discipline
- Ph.D. with 3+ years experience, a Master's with 5+ years' experience, or a Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of research experience required within the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands-on experience with formulation and process development of oral solid dosage forms, like immediate-release tablets, capsules, and modified-release tablets required
- Experience with OSD technologies (Blending, Compression, Coating, etc.) is required
- Practical knowledge of novel excipients as absorption enhancers is desired
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of pharmaceutical sciences combined with professional experience in developing and testing formulation processes in more than one dosage form is preferred
- Sound problem-solving skills and good scientific judgment are required
- Good communication skills and the ability to work on interdisciplinary teams are required
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Effective written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Able to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority, and timeline restrictions.
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire or request medical or religious accommodation.
Altimmune provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.