- Posted: March 21, 2023
At Alternatives in Psychological Consultation (APC), we care about the overall well-being of our employees and we don't just talk about it-we walk the walk. If you are looking for a company that understands the importance of work-life balance and promotes health of mind, body, and spirit, then we'd love for you to apply! We take pride in our talented, dynamic, values-driven workforce. When you speak with our employees, it's not uncommon to hear that they've been with us for quite a long time.
At APC, we value not only the diversification of our staff but also the unique perspective each individual brings with their life experience. Through open dialogue, we challenge and learn from one another to provide culturally humble and trauma-informed care to those we serve.
We are searching for a Housing Specialist! This position starts at Part Time with the opportunity to move to full-time as the caseload increases.
Applicants must have a valid Wisconsin driver's license, vehicle, and auto insurance. Associate degree or two years related experience and/or training; or the ability to meet the requirements of a Rehab Worker.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide direct and indirect clinical and supportive services to adults and/or Transitioning members in the community in an effort to assist member in achieving their life vision, goals, and objectives. This could include:
- Using personal skills and education to work side by side with members to build skills and knowledge identified as being integral to member attaining their life vision
- Engage with members and provide empathetic and nonjudgmental approaches to change.
- Communicate effectively with other treatment providers and creating an environment of respect and encouragement for member to construct their own recovery plan.
- Helping the member problem solve on how to increase their income so they can find sustainable housing
- Connecting members with emergency housing
- Helping the member find a safe rental property and navigate signing a lease.
- Connecting members with subsidized rent programs (i.e. Rent Assistance, My Home etc.)
- Maintaining sustainable housing
- Connecting members with Sober Living and Treatment Programs
- Connecting members with eviction attorneys
- Connecting members with housing related financial assistance programs.
- Connecting members with free furniture and household item resources
- Connecting members with appropriate housing programs
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of client/family records, health status, etc.
- Adhere to all HIPAA laws and privacy rules, as well as agency policies for ethical practice, including social media policies.
- Follow legal, organizational, and contractual requirements, laws, and policies, including Mandated Reported Laws.
- Complete and submit all required or assigned documentation by due dates.
- Attend all supervision, meetings, trainings, in-services, and events as directed such as MC3 meetings, SBIRT, Motivational Interviewing, and Suicide Prevention.
- Recognize potential crisis situations, analyze situations accurately, and collaborate with the Care Coordinator and/or supervisory team as necessary to develops strategies to deal with crises and safety concerns successfully.
Besides the benefit of working alongside some of the friendliest and most devoted people ever, APC offers complete and competitive benefits for all its full-time employees. Not able to work full-time? We also offer select benefits to part-time employees as well!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed dress code
- Health insurance, with multiple options to match what is best for you and your family
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing (employer discretionary contribution)
- Company-paid life Insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary short-term & long-term disability insurance
- PTO- Paid Time Off (for vacation, sick days, and everything in between)
- Paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Continuing education allowance
- Wellness Program
- Quarterly wellness incentives
- Free wellness events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free counseling for up to 3 sessions
- A wide breadth of services and resources such as:
- Childcare and parenting
- Company-sponsored fundraiser events
Ready to work for a multiple award-winning agency? Apply now! We can't wait to hear from you!
Alternatives in Psychological Consultation
10045 W Lisbon AveMilwaukee, WI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?