Do you want a rewarding career working with special needs students? Do you have the integrity, initiative and dedication to provide the skills and opportunities to challenging student(s)? If yes, then APTS® would like the opportunity to speak with you.
Alternative Paths Training School (APTS®) vision is everyone who come our way in need of intervention, whether academically behaviorally, emotionally or other, being able to successful reintegrate mainstream society, and perform to their highest potential.
APTS® is searching for a Coordinator of Curriculum and Instruction
APTS® offers teachers an extremely supported environment in and out of the classroom. In the classroom, Program Facilitators help to present individualized lessons as well as support students through behavioral episodes. Both in and out of the classroom, teachers can rely on their pod's Data Analyst, Behavior Analyst, and Education Specialist to assist in developing and reaching student academic and behavioral goals.
Employee’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and improves curriculum and instruction in the schools
- Plans and organizes teacher trainings
- Analyzes student test data to assist in the development of appropriate instruction.
- Reviews and recommends textbooks and other educational materials
- Recommends teaching techniques; develops procedures for teachers to implement curriculum
- Provides mentoring or coaching to teachers and administrators to improve their skills.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations to the administration
- Works with teachers and administrators to evaluate existing curricula and assess the quality of instruction
- Advise and/or plan on the technological materials and textbooks
- Interpret and enforce provisions of state education codes and rules and regulations of VDOE
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a General Education field and/or Special Education, with specialization in Curriculum, Curriculum and Instruction or related area
- Must hold a valid license in the state of Virginia or able to reciprocate
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience with students with disabilities (preferred)
APTS® prides itself in providing the best work environment for our staff members and we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 120 Hours of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Medical (Health, Individual & Dependent coverage), Dental, Vision
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Plan: Company matches half of your contribution, up to 4% of your salary
- Professional Development Reimbursement up to $2,000 per school year for approved programs (CEU hours)
- Discounted Gym membership (approved gyms)
- Training and development opportunities
APTS® or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. APTS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.