The Controller will be responsible for managing the Accounting Team and all accounting processes and transactions in accordance with our organizations polices and procedures. This position will require cross functional efforts with multiple departments and utilize various analytics to maximize returns and enhance procedures, polices and reporting systems.
· Establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information
· Achieving accounting operation objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations for strategic plans and reviews; resolves problems; identifies trends; determine system improvements and implement change when necessary
· Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
· Work closely and cooperate with the department heads in the collection of financial data
· Create, maintain and analyze metrics and KPI's
· Serve as strategic business partner to the CFO and CEO
· Evaluate, analyze financial model(s) for new products, acquisitions and business ideas
· Coordinates resources to complete assigned tasks; escalating and resolving resource conflicts as appropriate
· Proactively identifying gaps and risks, and facilitates resolution(s)
· Responsible for managing the annual Financial Audit(s) for all related entities, including equity groups
· Prepares budgets and outline budgeting schedules for the organization, monitors variations, and investigates variances
· Works with external auditors to ensue proper reporting standards are being utilized, including: monitoring and enforcing internal control over financial reporting
· Continually monitors future legislation that may impact taxation requirements
· Monitors and forecast cash flow and develop cash flow projections for short term and long-term goals
· Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other ad-hoc financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
· Work closely with the CFO to establish and maintain effective product pricing
· Maintains a financial management system with detailed policies, procedures and internal controls which will ensure timely, accurate and transparent financial transactions and reporting
· Ensures integrity and accuracy of accounting data and financial statements and compliance with GAAP; resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Oversee the preparation of federal and state annual tax planning & review of tax returns
· Perform and prepare various stock-based analyses and reports
· Other duties as assigned, including overtime
· Self-starter and creative thinker with a proven track record of problem solving
· Team-builder with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate with all levels within the Company.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP and accrual accounting methodology
· Solid working skills of Quickbooks and Excel
· Effective management and supervisory skills
· Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance (required)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
· CPA preferred
· Experience in both growth start-ups and in public companies is a plus
· Familiarity with SEC reporting desirable
· Experience with financial reporting requirements for venture financing preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Monday thru Friday position with core hours set to meet business needs. Additional hours in excess of 40.00 hours a week maybe applicable. Some holidays maybe required.
This position will require minimal travel, but occasion travel to different locations within the state maybe necessary due to business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long exposure to a computer monitor with varying indoor office lighting.
Our organization does not discriminate against our employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified disabled employees/applicants.