We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team!
Local applicants only.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the accounting department. This position will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will assist the Controller in supervising the staff accountants.
· Manage the accounting month end close, including review and posting of journal entries and reconciliations.
· Prepare and review monthly financial statements and reporting packages in accordance with GAAP.
· Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
· Account for all transactional and operational activities related to equity transactions, including stock-based compensation expense.
· Extensive cost accounting including analysis of changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
· Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
· Identify, analyze and monitor key business, performance and economic trends.
· Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from the staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters.
· Analyze complex financial data and create monthly reports and variance analyses to support effective management and decision-making ability across the organization.
· Work with department heads to prepare quarterly and annual budget vs. actuals and research cause of variances.
· Perform ongoing reconciliations of various cost reports against software systems to ensure accuracy.
· Collect, validat and communicate data for the purposes of financial transparency.
· Extract financial data from various systems to improve operational and financial effectiveness.
· Develop and refine complex, predictive financial scenarios regarding product costing, mix and pricing so as to recommend changes in the company’s manufacturing processes and product offerings.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of computer models, systems, and databases for new and existing accounting and financial applications.
· Assist third party CPA in preparation of annual tax returns.
· Analyze competitor pricing, product mix, locations and other metrics for company comparison.
· Develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures.
· Perform ad hoc financial/data analysis and projects.
· Promotes a collaborative team environment through recognition and lead by example.
· Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any given time. This may include scheduling issues and other business needs/demands.
· Able and willing to work all necessary hours to meet all project deadlines. Some evenings and weekends maybe required.
· Must be a strategic thinker, skilled in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
· Proven creative problem-solver, with good attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a deadline-oriented environment.
· Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate information accurately, and to express ideas clearly to management when providing oral and written reports or recommendations on administrative, financial and technical issues.
· Must be team oriented and adaptable to business demands.
· Must have the ability to compile and maintain complex reports with excellent research and analysis skills.
· Proven track record of organizational, analytical and project management skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Colorado driver’s license or State ID card.
· Must be a minimum of 21 years of age to obtain MED Badge issued from the state.
· Must pass any and all required background checks.
· Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
· Must be approved by the MMED to receive a key badge.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Five plus (5+) years of experience in Accounting (public and private mix preferred).
· CPA preferred but not required.
· Strong understanding of GAAP and key accounting concepts.
· Experience with equity transactions and cost accounting preferred.
· Advanced excel skills with ability to create polished and streamlined reports.
· Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
· PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 25 pounds (or more with assistance).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will vary due to business needs. Some holidays maybe required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe provided to individuals who are able to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stand for long periods of time; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employee performs typical computer functions while sitting at a desk for several hours a day.
Our organization does not discriminate against our employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified disabled employees/applicants.
*This job description is not designed to over or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time, with or without notice.