The Account Executive is responsible for driving sales revenue, achieving sales goals as set forth by upper management and providing a positive customer experience. The Account Executive will effectively develop, build and maintain relationships while executing sales programs and initiatives. The focus will not only be on existing customers, but also driving business through new account acquisitions.
· Support development and execution of our sales planning, strategies and processes to drive Product sales and market penetration
· Analyze market trends and competitor product offerings and pricing
· Monitor Product sales and financial performance using financial, operations and other statistical reports on an as needed basis to ensure company goals are met
· Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for market sales, operating expenses and customer service satisfaction as deemed by upper management
· Support new and existing sales and marketing plans, programs, promotions, activities and work with other marketing campaigns and other initiatives, with respect to the Products
· Monitor customer complaints and recommendations for products
· Maintain adequate customer contacts, determine their product service needs and business needs, and actively solicit, develop and promote the sale of the Products
· Provide monthly active prospects inventories of Product sales opportunities, as well as weekly active call lists of prospective and active customers
· Actively attend and participate in sales meetings, training sessions and other meetings as requested by upper management
· Ensure professionalism in all interactions with customers and vendors
· Work directly with upper management to ensure priorities and objectives are met. Communicate any issues with upper management immediately.
· Communicate Product orders professionally, effectively, and timely with the proper department
· Maintain uniform cash handling procedures and other payments/investigate any irregularities
· Assure compliance with all local, state, federal billing/invoicing, licensing, and other regulatory requirements are met
· Adjust strategy based on market demands on an as needed basis
· Maintain up to date knowledge on market segments
· Other duties as assigned by upper management
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of different audiences to build working relationships
· Able to comprehend regulatory requirements
· Customer focused mindset
· Self-motivated, assertive, extremely organized, detailed oriented, able to multi-task in an ever-changing environment to meet business needs and objectives
· Demonstrated account management skills
· Able to execute sales plans and overcome obstacles
· Maintain a persuasive and influential demeanor with customers
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in group settings
· Committed to professional growth and open to feedback
· 2+ years proven sales experience in building business relationships and hitting sales targets/goals
· Proven Success Record of driving and closing complex deals
· Minimum Associates Degree Preferred in business administration, marketing, or relevant field
· Prior experience in working in the cannabis industry a plus
This position requires frequent travel to several locations across the state. Candidates must have their own reliable transportation. Expected travel frequency is 50% or more depending on business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 20 pounds (possibly more with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.