Do you love working with kids? Are you a curious person interested in learning new skills? Join our team today and improve the lives of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. We provide all the training and tools you need, and we offer a rewarding career path with lots of opportunity for advancement in a dynamic and growing field.
“I love when a parent tells me that the work we do has changed their child’s life and the lives of the whole family. Nothing is more rewarding than changing lives for the better! “ – Emily M., ABS Employee
What would you do?
We pay you to train to become a Behavior Technician or Registered Behavior Technician. As a BT/RBT, work one on one with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), providing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) treatment, primarily in their homes, or in clinic settings.
What do we offer?
Rewarding Career Paths:
- Paid training to become a Behavior Technician
- We help you become a Registered Behavior Technician and offer financial incentives
- Tuition assistance and free supervision hours for people with bachelor’s degrees who want to become a BCBA (Master’s program) and make ABA treatment a full-time career
- Learn the valuable skills of ABA that will help you in many future career paths
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications plus drive time & mileage reimbursement
- Merit increases based upon career advancement and/or performance reviews
- PTO accrual starting at 20 hours/week
- Benefits package for our full-time employees (30-40 hours/week)
- Flexible schedules with full and part-time positions available (PT positions are usually evening hours 3pm-7pm)
- Referral bonus program
- Employee assistance program
Connection and Support:
- Events with your local colleagues that may include lunch and learns, baseball outings, bowling, other social events
- ABS Virtual Office connects you to over 600 colleagues, professionally and personally, near and far
- Comprehensive back-end office support – you provide treatment while a dedicated team takes care of all your administrative needs including scheduling, credentialing, billing and more
Who are we looking for?
- Energetic people who love working with kids
- Prior experience working with children, moms looking to return to work, students who want a career in behavioral health and anyone who wants to change careers and loves kids
- Must have a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree
- Must have your own car, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- People who want to work long-term with a company and make life-long impacts on the children and families we serve!
What is Applied Behavioral Analysis?
ABA is the science of applying focused and data-driven techniques to the principals of learning, to help change behavior. ABA can improve functioning across all areas of child development and teach invaluable life-skills like speech, cooperation, taking turns, making friends, motor skills, hygiene, personal safety and more. ABA is the only treatment for ASD that has been designated as medically necessary and it is increasingly becoming an accessible option for families.
About our Company
Alternative Behavior Strategies (ABS) is dedicated to improving the lives of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. We take pride in our stellar support for clinicians, so they can do what they do best – provide the highest quality treatment to our patients. Our commitment to quality shows in our BHCOE awards for top 10% in overall services nationally and best in staff satisfaction! Visit www.abskids.com to learn more about us.
Apply today if you have experience and enjoyed working any of the following positions or fields:
After-School Counselor, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Babysitting, Behavior Analyst, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Behavioral Health, Behavioral Health Technician, Behavior Specialist, Camp Counselor, Caregiver, Child Development, Childcare, Children, Coach, Developmental Condition, Developmental Disabilities, Direct Support Professionals, Education, Healthcare, Hospice care, Intervention, Kids, Mental Health Specialist, Medical student, Marriage Family Therapist, MFT, Modification, Paraprofessional, Preschool Teacher, Psychology, Respite Care, Social Learning, Social Services, Social Skills, Social Work, Sociology, Special Education Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Teacher's aide, Therapy, Tutor, Working with Children, Youth Program Coordinator.
Likewise, if you have an educational background in any of the following fields, we encourage you to apply:
Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Science, Child Development, Counseling, Early Childhood Education, Education, Human Development, Liberal Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, Speech and Hearing Services, Social Work, Rehabilitation, Sociology, or related field.
At ABS we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. ABS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.