* Be aware of consumer’s whereabouts and activities at all times.
* Maintain a daily sign-in and sign-out register for both consumers and visitors.
* Maintain a daily log of resident activities (Progress Note).
* Adhere to and enforce the House Rules established for residents.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary atmosphere in the home.
* Never leave the facility unattended. If relief staff is more than ¼ hour late, staff on duty will call the manager/administrator for a replacement. At least one (1) staff member must be in the home and at all times.
* Prepare meals in a timely and appealing manner. Staff will document when a resident refuses to eat two (2) consecutive meals or meal substitute.
* Conduct and supervise three (3) quarterly fire drills and advise all new consumers of emergency exits. Staff will check smoke detector batteries monthly.
* Maintain an adequate temperature setting and ventilation within the facility. Residents must be comfortable.
* Document all incidents within a timely manner.
* Distribute and document medication exactly as prescribed.
* Supervise residents on planned outings. Schedule and make sure that residents keep all scheduled appointments.
* Keep all resident records current.
* Complete progress notes daily for each consumer (every shift).
* Inform Manager/Provider/Administrator of any condition or situation that threatens the health, safety, or welfare of the residents.
* Secure the facility at all times.
* Collect laundry as needed and make sure that all residents have clean towels and linen.
* Assist residents with bathing and dressing if needed.
* Will attend mandatory scheduled monthly staff/training meetings.
Direct Care Staff shall possess all of the following qualifications:
* Be suitable to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of each resident. Be capable of appropriately handling emergency situations.
Alternative Adult Residence will provide in-service training or make training available through the contract agency or other sources to direct care staff. Direct care staff shall be competent before performing assigned tasks, which shall include being competent in all of the following areas:
* Reporting requirements
* First ad
* Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
* Personal care, supervision, and protection
* Recipient rights
* Safety and fire prevention
* Prevention and containment of communicable disease
Alternative Adult Residence