Fund Accountant (Campus)
- Posted: over a month ago
Together, let’s shape an alternative future.
As the third largest alternative asset service provider in the United States, Alter Domus strives to nurture a high-performing, client-focused, sustainable workforce and offers enduring and rewarding careers.
Alter Domus Group, is currently seeking December 2021 and May/June 2022 graduates with a global mindset and driven work ethic to join our Fund Administration teams in Utah (Salt Lake City and Ogden) with additional opportunities in Chicago (IL), Boston (MA), Darien (CT), Carmel (IN) and Brea (CA).
Alter Domus specializes in servicing alternative investment portfolios, including real estate, private equity, and hedge funds. As a Fund Accountant, you will work with internal teams as well as clients to prepare and review monthly financial statements for investment portfolios. Within all of our teams, you will have the opportunity to report directly to a Senior Associate/Account Manager. Our positions offer an excellent opportunity to be introduced to many facets of the industry, work in coordination with other business units, and be exposed to the fast-paced culture of an international company.
- Accurately and punctually identify relevant information within a financial statement to subsequently report to clients, regulators, auditors, or internal management
- Generate client deliverables related to the NAV process including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, and other ad-hoc reporting as required
- Calculate and track fund documents and data entries
- Assist the Fund Accounting team with projects and ad hoc client requests
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures
- Process and index all pertinent Fund emails accurately and efficiently
- Report to Senior Associate/Account Manager
- Continuously evaluate the current data collection and entry processes and propose enhancements to spreadsheets, protocols, and processes to boost efficiency and quality Build relationships with responsive, confident communications and attention to detail
- Self-review work prior to submitting for review
- Participate in interactions with external SOC 1 and fund-client auditors
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Graduating in December 2021 through June 2022
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Demonstrated self-regulation, accountability, and effective decision making
- Dynamic and flexible workstyle both with teams and in individual projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- CPA or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
Now with more than $1 trillion in global assets under administration, Alter Domus is an undisputed leader in the alternative asset servicing space. Since 2003, we’ve been working hard to become the leading, high-quality, and tech-driven partner to investors in alternative assets globally. That’s why many of the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners are already Alter Domus clients. We’re large enough to be truly global, yet small and agile enough to work fast. Join our team of more than 3,000 fund administration, accounting, tax and legal experts in more than 35 cities and have pride in being alternative. We are Alter Domus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com. Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Alter Domus