Alten Charleston, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Ensure adherence to implemented QOS procedures, methods and tools to guarantee built in quality
- Monitor Adherence to and effectiveness of Control Plans / PFMEAs and drive resolution of non-conformances
- Support the production teams to build quality in the production process with a focus on prevention
- Support the production teams to secure quality target deployment at the team level (Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Volvo Cars Manufacturing System (VCMS) Quality initiatives)
- Facilitate Problem Solving Initiatives at the production team level with focus on 4M (Man, Method, Material, Machine)
- Review internal indicators (data from in-process quality metrics such as various audits and inspection stations) to drive investigation and resolution of quality issues generated in the production process
- Drive and follow-up on containment actions related to daily production issues or warranty issues
- Supervise defined quality assurance activities with collaborative teams across many areas
- Collaborate on new model activities related to Quality Built In initiatives driving quality into design
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Quality Operating System and other quality assurance structures / processes in a plant
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Quality Engineering / Technical Role
- Experience & knowledge from the automotive industry or equivalent in the areas of:
- Manufacturing processes
- Quality Systems
- Global Quality Standards for Quality / Core Tools
- Problem Solving, including 8D, 4M & 6Sigma Competence
- Hands on, practical Experience with Control Plans / FMEA
- Ability to communicate, persuade and make effective formal presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Self-motivator and flexible.
- Strong networking skills, a holistic view and a strong drive for result
- High analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Able to work efficiently under high pressure.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities with the utmost integrity and consistent with the highest ethical standards
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions.
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Ability to utilize a PC to communicate, track trends and retrieve relevant information. Good knowledge of MS windows and MS office applications.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Alten