Firmware Software Engineer
- Posted: September 13, 2021
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems within a wide variety of markets. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project Management
- Systems Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines (ME, EE, SW)
- Knowledge integration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this role you will be responsible for development and maintenance of embedded software for various microcontrollers and microprocessors within an automated hard drive test system. Primary responsibilities will include: C/C++ development on Linux. C# development on Windows.
- Ability to read schematics and work with test equipment such as DVMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers.
- Background in Hard disk drive and/or test equipment industry.
- Experience modifying and maintaining Linux Kernel, root file system, uBoot, device drivers and cross compilation tools.
- Comfort with all of the following technologies: SPI buses, I2C buses, PID control, fixed point math, async/sync serial bus, DDR, memory, FPGA buses.
- Ability to read and understand IC datasheets and user guides.
- Experience with Intel and ARM architectures.
- GIT source control, Visual Studio,Eclipse IDE, TI Code Composer
- 5+ years experience programming in C/C++ for embedded Linux for different microprocessors architectures (ARM, x86, etc).
- Experience developing high performance software.
- Knowledgeable of software performance profiling and high performance software techniques.
- 5+ years experience programming C# on Windows.
- Solid understanding of real time programming, concurrency, multi-threading.
- Development Experience on Firmware.
BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, or related field from a university or engineering institution
Minimum of 10 years of practical software development experience
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
AddressNorth Reading, MA
TechnologyView all jobs at Alten