Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Linux (Remote)
- Expired: November 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Were ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, weve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether thats by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the worlds most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; 9/80 work schedule, and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
This position can is offered as on-site, hybrid remote, or fully remote. Open to direct hire or independent contracting (S Corp or LLC, rate TBD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop embedded software across the full software development lifecycle
- Generate software requirements, architecture & design documentation, source code, and unit tests.
- Participate in the risk management process
- Define detailed tasks and estimate effort
- Collaborate with small to mid-size cross-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor's degree within an Engineering/Computer Science discipline or relevant experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of experience developing with C, C++
- 5+ years of experience with Linux development environments
- 3+ years of experience with configuring Linux for embedded targets, including bootloaders, Board Support Packages (BSPs), and Root File System (RFS).
- 3+ years of experience with ARM architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Yocto
- 2+ years of experience developing with Python
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Ability to bring up hardware
- Ability to use lab measurement equipment (oscilloscope, signal generator, signal analyzer,multimeter, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- 2+ years of experience working within a regulated industry
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development
Salary Range:$110,000 - $135,000
Alten Technology USA
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Get fresh Embedded Linux Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.