Senior Mechanical Engineer - Composites
- $130 Hourly
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
We are seeking a Senior Composites Design Engineer to join our team developing our next generation electric-powered aircraft. You will work closely with other team members, including structural analysis, manufacturing, and test engineers, to develop and validate designs for the airframe and other composite components. You will be responsible for ensuring that the designs meet structural, manufacturing producibility, assembly, cost, and other requirements.
Specific tasks you will perform include: conceptual design and trade studies to select the materials, structural configuration, and manufacturing method for the components; detailed design, including creation of CAD models and drawings, laminate definition, ply draping simulation, and ply shape definition; DFMEA and PFMEA studies; assisting with manufacturing and quality-related activities such as producibility studies, non-destructive and dimensional inspection methods development, and first article inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing composite components for high performance applications
- Strong understanding of composites engineering fundamentals (mechanics of materials, classical lamination theory, material property characterization, design best practices, analysis methods, manufacturing processes)
- Proficient with NX and Fibersim CAD software
- Knowledge of drafting standards, including GD&T, with experience creating engineering drawings for composite components
- Experience working with other engineers to improve the manufacturability of a product (Design for Manufacturing) while controlling cost and weight
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- Airframe conceptual and detailed design experience
- Experience supporting composites production manufacturing, including the disposition of hardware non-conformances
- Mold, layup, or assembly tool design experience
- Hands-on composites manufacturing experience
- Experience with structural testing of composite components or assemblies
- Familiar with Femap and NX NASTRAN FEA software
- Experience using Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management software
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience
Alten Technology USACape Canaveral, FL
ManufacturingView All Alten Technology USA Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.