Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analysis
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanical Engineering Role:
- Analyze mechanical and electromechanical components and assemblies using finite element analysis (FEA) for structural, thermal, kinematic, and dynamic loads.
- Generate hand calculations to support design decisions.
- Provide design updates and direction to ME Design Engineer based on structural analysis results.
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or participating in design reviews.
- Collect, develop, and analyze design inputs.
- Estimate scope and duration of proposed analysis projects.
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking.
- Communicate with vendors, team, and PM for the advancement of projects.
- Assist in the sales process for quoting and estimating future design and analysis projects.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Adhere to Alten Technology’s Quality System processes.
- Compile and present complete engineering design and analysis documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Software Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- May serve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Complete technical reviews of team member work.
- Interact with the customer to derive requirements and communicate technical direction.
- Work with Project Management and Systems Engineering to understand system-level requirements, implement forward actions to Mechanical Engineering team members, and identify scope creep.
- Contribute to Alten Technology’s Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for both career advancement and professional exposure of Alten Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 3+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience for Mechanical Engineer II
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience for Senior Mechanical Engineer
- A Master’s degree (M.S.) will count as 2 years of experience.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience in FEA using ANSYS Workbench/Mechanical and/or Simcenter FEMAP with NX Nastran for structural analysis of metallic mechanical and electromechanical components.
- Knowledge of good FEA practices and an understanding of its limitations (ability to evaluate mesh quality, implications of how loads and boundary conditions are simplified, identification and understanding of the effect of non-linearities, etc)
- Knowledge of CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Ability to generate well documented hand calculations to support design decisions.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to share and manage time among multiple projects effectively.
- Experience in the Aerospace, Robotics, or Medical Device fields.
- Experience with dynamic analysis, including modal analysis, random vibration, approaches for shock analysis, and fatigue analysis.
- Experience is desired but not required in flexible body, nonlinear static/dynamic analyses using MSC ADAMS or LS DYNA.
- Experience with analysis of bolted joints, welds, composites, or plastics
- Experience in product design and development. While this is an analysis-focused position, the ability to lead or support design efforts is beneficial if needed.
Salary Range: $ 85-135k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Note: Due to the nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Alten Technology USAAurora, CO
ManufacturingView All Alten Technology USA Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.