Altec’s Test Engineer position is a great entry-to-mid-level position for someone who has excellent analytical skills and is able to communicate technical concepts with confidence and clarity.
One of the great opportunities in this role is learning our proprietary software, DocLink, and leveraging your knowledge and experience in the testing field.
You will be working in a process -oriented shop with exposure to design and code reviews and get issue tracking exposure. Experience with source code version control like TFS important as well as a desire to learn and contribute to process methodologies in the software development lifecycle.
We would like to hire someone who has an appreciation of software engineering disciplines and methodologies and is quality-focused.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role we will need you to:
1. Verify that product operates as designed.
2. Provide technical expertise in testing and product knowledge.
3. Provide accurate estimates and reports of test progress.
4. Test software releases during the product development.
5. Report test results and enters problems and issues into the bug database.
6. Monitor and update bug reports as needed including bug report closure.
7. Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
8. Provide technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized environments for internal partners (Support and Professional Services).
9. Write or assist in the development of test plans and test procedures.
10. Assist in determining which test cases are candidates to be automated.
11. Assist in identifying process improvements in test processes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To do all the above, we believe you need to have the following skills and experience.
· Knowledge/experience working with Microsoft Windows operating system(s)
· Working knowledge of Citrix or Terminal Services
· Experience in functional, usability, and globalization testing.
· Knowledge of programming languages and source control systems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience with networking and/or communications protocols.
· AA Degree and/or currently working towards Bachelor’s Degree, in computer science.
· One (1) to five (5) years testing computer software.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to effectively.
· communicate technical concepts to other testers and developers.
· Familiarity with testing methodologies and the defect reporting process.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.