Hydraulic Equipment - Field Mechanic
Altec Industries Norfolk, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Why Join Altec?
Hydraulic Equipment – Field Mechanic
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada, honoring Altec’s commitment to be there for the life of the equipment. Techs progress with on-going factory training and development and world-class technical support.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are proud and empowered to build products that make a difference for our customers, communities, and industry. From the engineered design, through manufacturing and final assembly, with solution-driven direct sales and tech sales support, we are building on a solid foundation with forward-thinking marketing and R&D. Founded in 1929, we work to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world.
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply See https://altecveteranrecruiting.com
Please send resume to email@example.com
And apply now at https://jobs.altec.com
The purpose of this position is to provide quality service and repair of the Altec product line and select complementary/competitive equipment, primarily but not limited to truck-mounted hydraulic equipment. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
- Educational background related to mechanics, electronics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with servicing related equipment, e.g., truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) repair
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to complete training and seek assistance
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and operate forklifts
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- Overtime and shift work may be required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
While we are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- what really makes us successful is how we help our associates reach higher. We help people reach their potential, and believe that makes all the difference in our company.
Altec IndustriesWhy Work Here?
Many of Altec associates will spend their entire career with us; most people simply don’t want to leave.
Altec is a leading supplier of products and services for the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs and tree care markets. We design, manufacture and sell products and provide services to more than 100 countries throughout the world. While we are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- what really makes us successful is how we help our associates reach higher. We help people reach their potential, and believe that makes all the difference in our company.