The Route Driver is the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of Altaquip at all times while maintaining and building excellent customer relationships. This person is responsible for the safe operation of a motor vehicle and safely picking up and dropping off units at the customer facilities so that the customer is given an excellent service experience. This person must maintain compliance to all company policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
- Operate a company provided truck in an efficient/safe manner complying with all company policy and DOT regulations.
- Pick up and deliver units from stores to shop for repairs and back again once repairs are completed
- Accurately track all units via pickup and delivery logs. Obtain required sign offs on all units.
- Build and maintain relationships with the customers team members.
- Utilize and comply with driver IT tools and administrative requirements
- Keep truck clean and organized and in compliance with DOT and Maintenance requirements.
- Safely operate company provided vehicle.
- Be able to read and write the English language.
- Meet all Department of Transportation regulations and company policies
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
The Driver will be measured by the accuracy of reports, store representative feedback and route efficiency. The Driver will work in the shop environment loading and unloading their truck, on the road while driving to and from customer locations, and on a dock when delivering and picking up units to be delivered. The ability to move and lift up to 50lbs on a frequent basis is required.