Director of Nursing (DON)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Altamaha Health Center located at 1311 W. Cherry St., Jesup, GA, is recruiting for an experienced, self-motivated and compassionate Director of Nursing for ourskilled nursing facility. We believe our overall focus on the wellness of our residents and a commitment to making a difference, is what sets us apart from others in the in our industry.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for the overall direction ofclinical services. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall quality, adequacy of services provided and supervision of staff. The DON establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for each residentthat meet and promote the overall health and well being by using high standards of quality care. The Director of Nursing / DON assures that care is coordinated betweenall departmentsand that all our resident needs are identified through the assessment process and addressed through the implementation of the Plan of Care and supervisory process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
- Schedules and performs resident / patient rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Recruits, hires, provide orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and resident population in conjunction with budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to ensure facility can provide appropriate level of care.
- Maintains regular and ongoing communication with facility Medical Director ensuring programs and care services meet the needs of patients / residents.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
- Follows established company policies and procedures, maintaining appropriate documentation in multiple facility software programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have:
- Georgia RN License in good standing
- 3 - 5 years DON experience
- Must meet all local health regulations. This requirement also includes criminal background investigation and reference inquiry
EEO / M/ F/ D/ V/ Drug Free Workplace
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Altamaha Health Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Altamaha Health Center