BT Health Medical Assistant I
- $25 to $32 Hourly
About Our Company
At Altais, we're looking for bold and curious innovators who share our passion for enabling better health care experiences and revolutionizing the healthcare system for physicians, patients, and the clinical community. Doctors today are faced with the reality of spending more time on administrative tasks than caring for patients. Physician burnout and fatigue are an epidemic, and the healthcare experience and quality suffer as a result. At Altais, we’re building breakthrough clinical support tools, technology, and services to let doctors do what they do best: care for people. We invite you to join our growing passionate team as we change the game for the future of healthcare and enable the experience that people need and deserve. Altais family of companies include: Brown and Toland Physicians, Altais Medical Group Riverside, and Family Care Specialists.
About Your Team
Are you looking to work with a high performing, fast growing and dynamic Clinic team? Altais and our subsidiaries, form one of the most recognized medical groups in California. We are 3,000+ physicians, working in over 41 cities in California, caring for more than 350,000 patients. If working in a mission driven organization supporting highly competent, hard-working, thoughtful clinicians who value good ideas and are passionate about reshaping healthcare excites you, then we are thrilled to welcome you to your new career.
About Your Work
As the Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care to patients as a member of the care delivery team. You will keep the medical practice running efficiently by performing administrative and clinical functions within patient flow aligned within established Practice Management Guidelines. As part of a cross-functional team, you will work directly with a team of Medical Assistants and Medical Receptionists reporting directly to the Practice Operations Supervisor. You will own responsibilities in a fast-paced environment working within a paperless environment. Responsibilities include taking vitals, rooming patients, cleaning rooms, assisting with procedures, while focused on providing patients with excellent medical care.
You will focus on:
- Provide patient care including rooming patients, taking vitals, injections, urine analysis, EKG, wound care, and ear lavage
- Support and answer telephone calls and messages, triage patients and administer treatment according to the provider’s orders
- Schedule and confirm appointments, check in patients and collect co-pays and payments
- Check out patients and assist with after visit instructions
- Assist with prescription orders, referrals and authorizations
- Remind patients of overdue services such as missed appointments, immunizations, labs, and preventative service
The Skills, Experience & Education You Bring
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistant
- 1+ yr of MA within an Outpatient setting, 3+ preferred
- EMR experience - EPIC preferred
- Cantonese-Bilingual or Mandarin-Bilingual preferred
You Share our Mission & Values
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and transparency.
Altais values the contribution each Team Member brings to our organization. Final determination of a successful candidate’s starting pay will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to education and experience within the job or the industry. The pay scale listed for this position is generally for candidates that meet the specified qualifications and requirements listed on this job description. Additional pay may be determined for those candidates that exceed these specified qualifications and requirements. We provide a competitive compensation package that recognizes your experience, credentials, and education alongside a robust benefits program to meet your needs.
Altais and its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information you provide to us. Please refer to our ‘CPRA Privacy Notice for California Employees and Applicants’ to learn how we collect and process your personal information when you apply for a role with us.
Physical Requirements: Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of workday.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
Get fresh BT Health Medical Assistant I jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.