AltaStaff is looking for a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner to work with a reputable Managed Care Organization at their location in South Portland, ME. This is a full-time (see schedule below) contract opportunity.
If you are interested, please apply and we will reach out with more details. Thanks!
Job Description (Responsibilities include but are not limited to):
- Accurately, evaluate, treat, provide health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients ranging in age 18 months and above.
- Educate patients on maintaining proper health. Evaluate, make recommendations, co-manage and treat patients' medical needs for safe and high-quality treatment.
- Document all patient care within an electronic health record according to Minute-clinic policies and procedures.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary team providing care and coordination of our patients with internal and external colleagues including the broader patient centered medical home ensuring the highest level of care is provided for all patients and at all times.
- Facilitates the development of effective Patient Centered Practice Teams. Responds to patient care inquiries throughout the day
- Seek to increase patient engagement and satisfaction through integration of feedback from patients, management, and professional colleagues.
- Focus consistently on the patient. Create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Communicate effectively and adjust communication style to effectively influence quality outcomes and patient needs.
- Cultivate and maintain all levels of communication. Maintain Patient confidentiality at all times
- Resolve conflict using appropriate management techniques.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships among practice employees and retail store colleagues. Re-prioritizes continually throughout the day to fulfill patient and business needs.
- Manage clinical and non-clinical duties efficiently.
- Manage multiple demands and needs of clinic operations, patients in the waiting room, and incoming phone calls while maintaining focus and high-quality care on the patient in the exam room.
- Adapt quickly to new models of patient care for clinic efficiency.
- Adhere to the core values of Minute-clinic in all communications and interactions.
- Assist with hiring, development and evaluation of Practice employees.
- Remain accountable to managing the business including, but not limited to, budget, payroll, inventory, billing insurance, and payment collection
- Drive business results through connecting day to day activity achievement to overall business goals.
- Validate insurance coverage and incorporates knowledge into care plan.
- Review and supervise internal systems for handling cash, daily reconciliation, deposits, clinic cleanliness and organization.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license.
- Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (or other health-related Masters Degree in conjunction with Bachelors of Science in Physician Assistant Studies) with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license.
- Minimum of two years of medically-relevant experience or equivalent.
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously.
Immunizations/Vaccines per state guidelines.
Active Family Nurse Practitioner License.
40 hours per week
Open availability needed for hours between, M-F 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Sat 9 AM – 1:30 PM and 2 PM – 5:30 PM, Sunday 9 AM – 1:30 PM and 2 PM – 4:30 PM.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
AltaStaff, LLCAltaStaff is a boutique staffing agency that works with different Managed Care Organizations and Government agencies.