Materials Tester II - District 6 (Central Valley region)
Alta Vista Soutions Fresno, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Alta Vista Solutions (Alta Vista) is a client-centered, multidisciplinary engineering firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, Alta Vista has helped infrastructure owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects. Everyone at Alta Vista shares one common goal: to Do Right by our clients, our infrastructure and our people. We are seeking individuals to join our team who want to make a positive impact on our transportation, work to solve complex problems, and have fun while learning and growing in a collaborative environment.
Alta Vista is seeking a Materials Tester II in the Central Valley region (Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern counties).
Duties include performing field and plant inspections during the production and placement of asphalt concrete, portland cement concrete, and other construction related material such as oil binder, aggregates, cements, and admixtures. Testers will also visit quarries and mine pits to witness material source sampling, stockpiling and testing samples of binders, cement admixtures and other related materials.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification for Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 or similar type of certification.
- Experienced in performing compaction testing and certified in Nuclear Gauge Operator Training.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of current experience in the inspection, sampling and testing of materials used on state transportation projects - Caltrans.
- Desire to obtain additional relevant certifications.
- Ability to operate independently, or constructively with others.
- Possess a valid California driver’s licenses and be willing to travel temporarily as needed within the State of California.
- Have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- California Test Method (CTM) certifications for materials typically utilized in state transportation projects including CTM’s - 105, 125, 201, 202, 205, 216, 217, 226, 227, 229, and 231.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) certifications – T11, T27, T166, T176, T209, T248, T255, T269, T275, T308, T329, T335, R47, and R76.
- Knowledgeable on the placement, sampling, and testing of materials used in state transportation projects. Knowledgeable of material testing requirements and QA/QC frequencies as they relate to Caltrans Special Provisions, Standard Specifications, and Construction Manual.
- Familiarity with weighing, batching, and testing equipment.
- Ability to interpret material test data, provide analytical determination of material acceptability, and visually recognize basic material properties throughout production and placement.
- Ability to prepare material inspection and testing reports and back up calculations.
- Work independently, make clear recommendations, prepare concise reports/documentation, and work constructively with others.
Alta Vista SoutionsWhy Work Here?
We're growing, we have a back-log of business. Alta Vista is a great place to work!
Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Alta Vista Solutions, an Atlas company, provides engineering, inspection, quality management, asset management and infrastructure services. Our team includes engineers, technicians, researchers, scientists, construction managers, and technical experts with the deep technical knowledge needed to deliver complex infrastructure projects.
ConstructionView all jobs at Alta Vista Soutions