- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join a diverse company where you will experience a variety of interesting and challenging environmental projects with motivated and passionate people. Alta is a place that is committed to your career growth. Alta offers tremendous flexibility, and our focus is on people and the projects we believe in. If you are ready to open your career opportunities, join our team.
Alta Science & Engineering, Inc. is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for an Environmental Scientist position to be based in any of our offices located in Boise, Moscow, or Kellogg, Idaho or Spokane, Washington. Support projects and lead tasks related to environmental management of contaminated sites by - evaluating environmental data and summarizing water, soil, and air quality problems/solutions; participating in human and ecological health risk assessment; and supporting environmental compliance. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual who can work well independently and as part of a fun, energetic team across multiple offices in the region. Position is full time, benefited, 40 hours/week.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Analyze, summarize, and interpret environmental and ecological data to understand and assess conditions/problems.
• Conduct statistical analysis and prepare data summaries.
• Coordinate and implement tasks related to environmental databases, data and information management, data maintenance.
• Develop technical reports that describe analyses, summarize results and conclusions, and recommend next steps or follow up actions.
• Prepare, write, and review data validation documentation.
• Develop Sampling Analysis/Quality Assurance Plans and ensure compliance to specified procedures.
• Assist with the coordination of field sample collection and preparation of samples for analysis in accordance with established protocols.
• Conduct field sample and monitoring activities.
• Plan, implement, and evaluate tasks and/or projects.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism during interactions with Alta staff, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Provide timely communication with supervisor regarding work-related matters.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Strong data management/processing and data preparation skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; strong technical writing skills; and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports.
• Strong organization and attention to detail.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
Education and Experience Include:
• MS Degree in environmental science, chemical engineering, public health, toxicology or a related science discipline, or BS degree in those related disciplines and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in SAS, R or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
• Experience developing work flows to define user specifications, data relationships and constraints, attributes, and overall business rules for large data sets.
• Experience with MS Access, SQL Server, or Oracle databases or other environmental data management software systems and use of SQL for queries and procedures.
• Experience with data QA/QC or data validation procedures.
• Experience in human health or ecological risk assessment, or toxicology.
• Experience with ArcGIS and spatial analysis.
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Prior work experience in discipline, including internships.
• 40-Hour or 24-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Training (per 29 CFR 1910.120) with current 8-hour refresher training is a plus.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Life insurance
• Employee assistance program (EAP)
• Flexible spending account (FSA)
• Health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Discretionary Profit Sharing
• Paid Time Off
• Professional Development
• Pay depends on experience and abilities.
• Position will be filled after identification of suitable candidate(s).
Alta Science and Engineering
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Alta Science and Engineering