Housekeeping Aide Lead
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Housekeeping Aide Lead coordinates and oversees housekeeping staff and functions, while maintaining an advanced level of skills and expertise. Maintains the cleanliness of the hospital and office buildings in a safe, sanitary, orderly and attractive manner, free from offensive odors. Performs daily cleaning of occupied patient areas, nursing stations, work area, halls, lounges, storage areas, laboratory, bathrooms, offices, and any other assigned areas, in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department, and in accordance with the objectives of the facility. Troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise. Functions as a role model and resource to staff.
- Ensures all check out and patient area cleaning is complete per all guidelines/procedures. Washes and wipes mattresses down, removes utensils from bedside, and ensures that all areas of bed, furniture, floors, walls, closets, restroom, etc. are cleaned per guidelines. Ensures that clean linens are put on bed, using appropriate bed making procedures. Reports needed repairs to engineering department.
- Oversees and coordinates the daily operations of the department, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they occur. Demonstrates advanced level of expertise, strong leadership and collaborative skills in dealing with staff and members of the team. Completes daily assignments and ensures work is complete. Provides input for coaching, training, hiring, counseling and performance assessment processes.
- Ensures that all non-patient areas are cleaned as assigned, to include, but not limited to, washing, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming floors, windows, fixtures, furniture, bathrooms, lights, screens, and blinds, etc. Ensures that all dispensers are filled appropriately. Reports all items needing repair or correction to the Engineering Department.
- Picks-up soiled linen in all assigned areas in a timely manner. Ensures soiled linen is in securely tied plastic bags and placed in locked storage area to await pick up.
- Picks up trash and places in closed covered container in all assigned areas in a timely manner. Cleans and relines trash cans. Disposes of trash in appropriate dumpsters.
- Picks up infectious waste in all assigned areas. Ensures that all infections waste is double bagged, and securely tied, in infectious waste labeled bags, and is disposed of in specified Biohazardous bins. Ensures that all glass buckets are securely covered and stored appropriately in infectious waste storage area. Ensures that dumpsters are kept locked and secured.
- Takes conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful approach regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of previous environmental services experience in a hospital required. Familiar with proper cleaning techniques. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to multitask and prioritize work. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Previous leadership experience preferred. Bilingual skills preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Support, House Keeping, Maintenance, Environmental Services, Environment, Entry Level Service, EVS, Sanitation, Cleaning, Housekeeper, Hospital Environmental Services, Infection Control, First Defense, Routine Cleaning, Environmental Services Aide