- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Preconstruction Manager
Location: Irvine, CA Office
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting management in the general business operations of the company by the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the preconstruction phase of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Provide thorough, accurate and competitive cost estimates through all phases of design, from concept to construction and permit documents.
• Determine proposal specifications and the scope of work by reviewing drawings, attending and/or managing bid and preconstruction meetings, etc.
• Analyze and document cost analysis from historical projects, purchase orders, contracts, and cost reports for future use in incorporating into estimates.
• Provide design assistance and cost data regarding project feasibility to the client, design professionals, and project team.
• Prepare bid package and provide leadership and coordination on bid solicitation and RFP’s.
• Develop scopes of work for sub-trades prior to and during bid solicitation.
• Analyze proposals from subcontractors for cost, scope and completeness to determine award of work.
• Identify and qualify new subcontractors to ensure an adequate number of qualified and financially sound subcontractors are available and to expand bid solicitation coverage
• Prepare preliminary project schedules during the preconstruction phase and assist the Superintendent with the contracted schedule prior to construction.
• Provide assistance and evaluations to Risk Management and the VP/GM regarding potential contract, cost, construction feasibility, and insurance risks.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with prospective and current clients, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
• Assist in identification of new work opportunities; lead or participate in the pursuit of project leads.
• Conduct or participate in presentations to clients.
• Maintain a detailed pipeline of clients and projects in Prophet, including status of opportunities and analysis/reasons for wins/losses.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Comply with all safety policies, report suspected safety concerns, make recommendations for enhancements to the safety program, and visibly support and uphold the company’s strong safety culture.
• Understand and work within the accepted ethical standards of the company.
• Proactively support and encourage diversity on projects and team. Visibly support and promote fair and equal treatment and opportunity for all.
• Remain current in all company required training and certifications.
Education, Experience, and Licensing/Certifications will include:
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully estimating (conceptual and hard bid) construction projects for a general contractor. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Design-build experience on relevant project types.
• Experience in value-engineering.
• Valid State-issued driver’s license and vehicle insurance which meets Alston Construction liability coverage requirements and satisfactory driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required will include:
• Ability to estimate costs associated with technical tasks and thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control systems and accounts.
• Thorough understanding of multiple project delivery types, including Design-Build, CM at Risk, CM not at Risk, General Contractor (hard bid and negotiated), etc.
• Thorough understanding of multiple contract delivery methods, including lump sum, guaranteed maximum price (GMP), cost-plus, etc.
• Good industry contact relationships and the ability to assist with identifying and securing new profitable business.
• Proficiency in computers, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook, Timberline, Prolog, Estimating Takeoff Software (OTS), and Cost Estimating Software (e.g. WinEst).
• Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach and Occasionally lift 10 lbs
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
• Extensive computer use and reading from documents and computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Alston Construction:
Alston Construction Company is a nationwide general contractor, currently with 16 offices coast to coast. For over 30 years we have delivered on our promises to our employees, clients, and business partners. We offer extremely competitive salaries, a superb benefits package, and a great place to work! In addition to routinely receiving awards for our projects and safety performance, we have also received multiple “Best Places to Work” awards! We look for passionate construction professionals who share our core values, to include: commitment, integrity, teamwork, and respect. As our CEO, Paul Little, says “In order to be successful at Alston Construction, you must enjoy seeing success in others.” If this sounds like you and what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
We invite you to learn more about Alston Construction on our website or check us out on Linked In.
Alston Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ConstructionView all jobs at Alston Construction