Supply Chain Manager / Buyer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics and Supply Chain Procurement, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of raw material procurement for a recycled paper mill located in the Chicagoland area. Alsip Mini Mill produces 100% recycled product for our parent company. In addition to excellent pay, we also offer Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, Long and short term disability insurance and 401(k).
Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the Director of Logistics and Supply Chain Procurement, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of raw material procurement for a recycled paper mill located in the Chicagoland area.
• Prioritize Safety/Housekeeping, Quality, Cost, and Productivity in all aspects of role.
• Work closely with Director, General Manager, Team Leads, Warehouse Lead, and qualified Inbound technicians to solicit and act on all issues related to fiber quality, transportation, scale, receiving, etc.
• Maintain listings and files of all brokers and generators of recycle fiber suppliers
• Maintain relationships with AMM’s current fiber suppliers
• Coordinate visits to fiber suppliers’ facilities to inspect fiber quality, volume, dock/rail facilities, transportation distance to mill, etc.
• Coordinate visits to carrier offices/locations
• Review all supply contracts for accuracy, collaborating with corporate legal office as needed.
• Forecast fiber volume, transportation, warehousing costs, etc.
• Provide coverage in the absence of the Logistics/Supply Chain Procurement Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in paper mill, recycling, transportation, purchasing, customer service, warehousing, or similar industry.
- Negotiation skills.
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or environmental science.
Recycled paper / corrugating medium mill experience.
Will work weekdays, and some evenings and weekends as necessary to meet objectives.
Will be on call to advise management when fiber issues arise
Presence at mill some nights and weekend duty on a rotating basis.
Up to 50% travel, minimal overnight.
Walking; climbing stairs/ladders; sitting; using standard office equipment (phone; computer screen, keyboard, and mouse); ability to hear/see and respond to alerts and alarms; tolerance for industrial environment (hot/cold temperatures; noise; dust).
Alsip Mini MillWhy Work Here?
Stable, profitable organization. Excellent pay and benefits. Relocation for qualified applicants.
13101 S. Pulaski RoadAlsip, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Alsip Mini Mill