Maintenance Technician- $25-$30 an Hour DOE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems and other equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Studies blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct operation of machinery.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
- Minimum of two years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230 volt systems.
- PLC programming experience.
- Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler license or PLC programming.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general offices or on outside grounds.
- Occasionally, such as to procure parts.
Eligible candidates must be vaccinated against COVID.
The Maintenance Technician must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit .
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
With more than 130 years’ experience, one thing is clear: You must know your customers and know how to deliver individualized attention and service from the first visit on. And that’s our guarantee. Freshly laundered, and on time – every single time.
30 McCullough Drive New CastleNew Castle, DE
Real EstateView all jobs at Alsco